Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Ogre Designers Edition Now on Kickstarter... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Now on Kickstarter...
There are already bridges and tunnels from Denmark to Sweden and in a few years Germany to Denmark to Sweden.
I think we need to build a giant bridge from Europe to the US for shipping stuff (in both directions of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded within a few hours of launch!

Next up: 40k stretch goal

STRETCH GOALS

$40,000 - Build your own Ogres! We will post blank 3-D designs online for the Mk III and Mk V, so you can cut out, color, and assemble your own, assuming you have the right tools and/or inhuman patience. Send us photos!

$75,000 - Another bonus! We will create a big Exclusive Kickstarter Counter Sheet and add it FREE to every Ogre game ordered through Kickstarter. A double chipboard sheet (about 10" x 16") of 3-D counters, including a lot more buildings and one each Ogre Mk III and Mk V with graphics exclusive to Kickstarter supporters. New Ogre colors!

$90,000 - Four new Ogre scenarios designed by Steve Jackson will be posted to the SJ Games website: one each week during the month of November (the game’s release month). At least one of these will play off of something new introduced on the $75K counter sheet.

$100,000 - A bonus for everyone! We will include the Ogre blueprint poster in every copy of the game, and we’ll announce at least one more stretch goal.

$120,000 - At this level, the game dice get much nicer for everyone. Instead of using the standard die material, urea (which is available in only a few standard colors), we will order a mold suitable for acrylic dice. This will increase our die cost, but we will be able to create the dice in many more (and cooler) colors, forever.

$140,000 - At this level, your game gets heavier (again). A new 8" x 10" sheet of terrain overlays will be created and added FREE to every copy of Ogre bought through Kickstarter.

$150,000 - Your support has earned you an early release for YOUR copies. At this point, we will have enough Kickstarter copies to fill a 40-foot container. So . . . that container will be the first one shipped out, and Kickstarter copies will start shipping two weeks before the regular release date.

$200,000 - At this level, you have made the game MUCH better for everyone! Instead of two double-sided maps, every copy of the game will include four single-sided maps. You will be able to use all four maps in a single game if you want to! If we reach this goal, our print costs will go up a lot, but so will the awesomeness of the game, and your support will have made that possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
After wearing out the original two tone ziplock #1 microgame, and loving every minute of it, I finally broke down and replaced it with the small plastic pocket box version along with the Shockwave expansion. Together, these create the greatest microgame of all time. Absolutely wonderful stuff. thumbsup thumbsup

As for the new uber-grand edition: Yuk. yuk
I emphatically hate the cardboard cutout Ogres. If the Ogres and all the other units came as plastic minis, then it would be an easy must buy for me. But a jumbo box full of cardboard for a c-note. No thanks.

Bigger is not always better. I don't want a space sucking 100x version of what I already have. Very disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to know more about how the game could be made better and what the add-ons look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it bad that I'm probably not going to back this due to the price, but if this deluxe edition included a full reprint of the plastic bag microgame, I'd probably back it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
Is it bad that I'm probably not going to back this due to the price, but if this deluxe edition included a full reprint of the plastic bag microgame, I'd probably back it?

I'd rather own just the original microgame than this giant version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Haire
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like fuzzdice82's idea of including a reprint of the microgame in the box. Maybe SJG will add this as a stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
redsimon wrote:
There are already bridges and tunnels from Denmark to Sweden and in a few years Germany to Denmark to Sweden.
I think we need to build a giant bridge from Europe to the US for shipping stuff (in both directions of course).

great idea! put it on Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
The only decision I have to make is do I kickstart it, or wait to buy it from my FLGS to give them the business?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Carter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
flintlocklaser wrote:
The only decision I have to make is do I kickstart it, or wait to buy it from my FLGS to give them the business?

How about you Kickstart it, I will buy it from our FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered kickstarting it and buying a copy locally just so I could get the double maps and extra counters.

Ogre is not my first wargame but it was an early one and I have a great fondness for the GEV game because of the 'roll your own' nature of it. I used Ogre to teach a few people how to play and then we played GEV.

I do believe that it was Car Wars that replaced it as my favorite game in those early days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Bounder wrote:
flintlocklaser wrote:

How about you Kickstart it, I will buy it from our FLGS.

Deal! About the time we finish playing through all the missions in Space Hulk (third edition) we should be ready to start fighting our way through this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oeternalis wrote:
I get that the box is ridiculously big, but no international shipping equals no backing!

Said here too.

Sure, the box is large, but if I can't back, I can't back (not interested in the extras, just the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa... It's still got 29 days to go, and it's already at $35,931. Wow. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
40k stretch goal hit.

Next up: 75k for extra countersheet.

Buildings + extra Mk3 & Mk5 Ogres in exclusive Kickstarter colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
marnaudo wrote:
Jump on the boat, everyone, before you regret it!! (yes, I am still regretting not backing D-Day Dice when I could...)

I can't Marco, they won't let on Canadians yet.

Waiting patiently to jump on... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
40 K in about what 6 hours. I would love to see some higher stretch goal for 250K and up. Maybe actually minis and not cardboard or something way out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been in the works for years, so I'd be wary about assuming the pace will keep up. There is plenty of pent-up demand, but that's going to dissipate in the first few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
sgierlinger wrote:
40 K in about what 6 hours. I would love to see some higher stretch goal for 250K and up. Maybe actually minis and not cardboard.

thumbsup

Minis! Minis! Minis! . . .

I repeat: That's the ONLY way I see me getting this monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:

Ogre is not my first wargame but it was an early one and I have a great fondness for the GEV game because of the 'roll your own' nature of it. I used Ogre to teach a few people how to play and then we played GEV.

I do believe that it was Car Wars that replaced it as my favorite game in those early days.

Yep, College was a haze of D&D, GEV/Ogre, Car Wars & Spades with the occasional class to break up the monotony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first discovered gaming via D&D, SJG's pocket box games were my first purchases: Ogre, Illuminati and Car Wars. I really liked how I could buy a complete game for $6, as I didn't have much money then.

Now I'm 40, and I want deluxe awesome games that turn my game nights into events. Once again SJG is there giving me what I want, when I want it.

I backed this at the $150 level. Thanks Steve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first discovered gaming via D&D, SJG's pocket box games were my first purchases: Ogre, Illuminati and Car Wars. I really liked how I could buy a complete game for $6, as I didn't have much money then.

Now I'm 40, and I want deluxe awesome games that turn my game nights into events. Once again SJG is there giving me what I want, when I want it.

I backed this at the $150 level. Thanks Steve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't need minis. I'd like to see them include the counters and rules for Ogrethulhu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Wow, so they finally jumped on the Kickstarter bandwagon! wow

I'm very happy they did, and now hope more than ever to see a new deluxe edition of Car Wars show up on Kickstarter any day now. One can dream right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Zeltzer
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three sheets of paper become 14 pounds of chipboard. It's completely absurd.

I'll take three, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.