Subject: This vs. Tigris? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai is much easier to get into that T&E. It is also a much simpler game, both to learn and to figure out strategies on, but it is still strategic and it is a very good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minden
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taught Samurai to complete non-gamers, and they've all enjoyed it. I wouldn't even consider doing the same with T&E under normal circumstances. With Samurai, you pretty much know the ropes within a couple turns, whereas with T&E you'll spend the entire first game not quite sure what you should be doing.

As far as "fun factor" goes, both are similarly dry, quiet, cerebral game. You're not likely to be joking around and shit-talking while playing either game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still yet to play Tigris, but Samurai is one of my favourite games. I certainly wouldn't say the reason for that is a high 'fun factor' though. If the lack of 'fun factor' is what's turning you off Tigris, then I'd say Samurai won't solve the problem. (Though it is a great game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai is more simple, a bit (even) more elegant than T&E. T&E is richer in theme. Luck factor in Samurai is smaller than in T&E although both have a very low luck factor. There are more complex strategies you can learn and apply in T&E. Samurai feels like a great abstract game/card game combo with a great depth to be explored during hundreds of plays. T&E is more a complex game that shows how deep it also is already during a few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Clemson 40 Oklahoma 6
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai is a great game but it is a good deal more simple than T&E. But there is still a lot of decisions to be made in Samurai. If you group likes abstracts, it is a good addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.