$10.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Medici» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you get bonus for having 0 commodities? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
It is a rare case but happened once or twice.

During the 1st round, there was only 1 card of certain commodity was ever auctioned. So one player gets 10 points for advancing 1 space.
Can other players get 1-2 points for being the trivial 2nd place with no commodities?

Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no_where_dense wrote:
It is a rare case but happened once or twice.

During the 1st round, there was only 1 card of certain commodity was ever auctioned. So one player gets 10 points for advancing 1 space.
Can other players get 1-2 points for being the trivial 2nd place with no commodities?
Yes, it's possible.

Quote:
Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?
No.
What they get is their part of the points for the points for the first AND second place -> so they all get the same part of the 15 available points
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the quick reply. Is there anywhere in the rule book that mention it? I have all 4 editions. If you can point it out (in original german), I really appreciate it.

Ceryon wrote:
no_where_dense wrote:
Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?
No.
What they get is their part of the points for the points for the first AND second place -> so they all get the same part of the 15 available points


I meant even division of 15 points by "tied first place". So i think we are talking about the same thing. i.e. everyone gets 2-5 points depends on the number of players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceryon wrote:
Quote:
Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?
No.
What they get is their part of the points for the points for the first AND second place -> so they all get the same part of the 15 available points


I'd also like to know where this is quoted in the rule book. Surely you only get a share of 1st place points. You can't be first and second?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb
freduk wrote:
Ceryon wrote:
Quote:
Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?
No.
What they get is their part of the points for the points for the first AND second place -> so they all get the same part of the 15 available points


I'd also like to know where this is quoted in the rule book. Surely you only get a share of 1st place points. You can't be first and second?

I'm in a rush so can't track it down right now, but I know the rules definitely state no bonuses are given to players who remain in the starting space on the commodity tracks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
freduk wrote:
Ceryon wrote:
Quote:
Similarly, what happen if no cards of certain commodity was auctioned, can everyone gets tied-1st place points?
No.
What they get is their part of the points for the points for the first AND second place -> so they all get the same part of the 15 available points


I'd also like to know where this is quoted in the rule book. Surely you only get a share of 1st place points. You can't be first and second?

I'm in a rush so can't track it down right now, but I know the rules definitely state no bonuses are given to players who remain in the starting space on the commodity tracks.


My rules (pretty new version) also say no bonus points if you are on the starting space.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
no_where_dense wrote:
During the 1st round, there was only 1 card of certain commodity was ever auctioned. So one player gets 10 points for advancing 1 space.
One of the many reasons we play with non-random tile removal in smaller games. Anyway, I do believe that 2nd place can be multiple tiers behind 1st, but I'm not sure being on the zero allows you to score.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82616/rules-english-rio-g... states:

Buyers who have not purchased any of a commodity can be awarded florins if they tie for first or second at the lowest level.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.