Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hooper
United States
Dickerson
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an errata page for this game as mentioned in the description?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
John - I have three copies of the game and none of them has an errata page enclosed. Doesn't mean there isn't one, but the Game Contents in the description also doesn't mention the rulebook or the dice, so it may be an entry error, or it may be referring to the generally agreed conventions discussed by Sphere in Pete Belli's 'Cult of the New' Review.

Here's his post:

Sphere wrote:
autumnweave wrote:
Sphere wrote:
I still have the copy I bought on impulse at a department store back in the early 70s. Good game. There was an excellent article on Emperor of China in Moves magazine back in the day. It included suggested rulings to clear up the map ambiguities (which ones are mountainous, which are adjacent, etc.). Lacking any official errata, those rulings were widely adopted by players.

Any chance of getting those clarifications posted here or a link to them?

I photocopied that article before getting rid of my Moves magazines, a very long time ago, but I suspect I'd be violating site rules if I were to scan it and upload the images. I can summarize for you, though. The author, Mark Saha, acknowledged that his rulings were arbitrary, but said his group had played various ways before deciding that these worked best:

- He recommended that you play the area north of Hopei as unnamed and out of play,not as part of Inner Mongolia.

- He played Shantung and Anwhei as adjacent, allowing movement and combat between them.

- He said Szechwan should have all mountainous borders, except the one to the north with Kansu.

- He ruled that Shansi is bordered by mountains to the east, river to the south and west, and great wall in the north.

- He played the border between Shensi and Honan as mountains.

- He played Inner Mongolia as bordered by great wall from all four provinces to its south (and not adjacent to Liaoning, as noted above).

- He played the border between Hopei and Liaoning as great wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.