Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you are talking about the costs on the race-specific technology.

It's specified in the rulebook that you pay this cost additionally to the regular cost.

So if the tech cost you 6 (tech II's secondary) and the racial tech cost you 5, it means the tech cost you 6+5=11.
If the tech cost you 8 (primary second tech), the tech would cost you 8+5 = 13.

If the tech is free (primary first tech), the tech would cost you 0 + 5 = 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnyC Waytobe
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Further, I believe that the cost on the racial tech CAN NEVER BE REDUCED. Even if you've got neural computing and scientists coming out of your ears. Even with all the "free" and reductions in the galaxy, you must still pay the listed base cost of the racial technology (PLUS whatever you would normally pay to acquire a tech. Since color reductions don't apply to racial techs, it makes the most sense to acquire them with the Primary of Technology, instead of having to pay 6+racial cost, or even 8+racial cost if you get it as your 2nd tech while using the Primary.)

My apologies - generic reductions (like neural computing) DO apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyCwtb wrote:
Further, I believe that the cost on the racial tech CAN NEVER BE REDUCED. Even if you've got neural computing and scientists coming out of your ears. Even with all the "free" and reductions in the galaxy, you must still pay the listed base cost of the racial technology (PLUS whatever you would normally pay to acquire a tech. Since color reductions don't apply to racial techs, it makes the most sense to acquire them with the Primary of Technology, instead of having to pay 6+racial cost, or even 8+racial cost if you get it as your 2nd tech while using the Primary.)

The cost of racial techs can be reduced, but only through generic reductions, such as neural computing or science community speaker. Racial techs are colorless so specific discounts, ie. red or blue, does not apply, but generic ones do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.