Subject: Playtime: 5 to 10 minutes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend picked this up recently at the local scifi convention.

More of a collector's item than a game really, but I'm not going to hold too much against it.

But 30 minute playtime? Well you might get 30 minutes each time you pull it out, but that's 2+ plays easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb

I had this game a million years ago when it first came out and at the time I and my brother and friends who I played with were middle school kids and younger. With short attention spans and more going on in the room than just the game a play could fill 30 minutes without any problems.

Certainly, now that I am older and my ability to focus has improved the very light game will go very quickly, but for the intended audience at the time the game was produced 30 minutes is a reasonable number.

I must agree with you, that now it would be more for my collection than to ever hit the table, but way back when, it was great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently found a copy at a thrift store, then had to figure out how to play it with no rules and some of the pieces missing. Gotta say, it has an interesting use for a spinner, but...

Yeah, it's a lot like those old games where you roll dice and run around the board. Sure there's a few fun wrinkles, but it doesn't have a lot of depth. Playing it once a year or so would be a fun diversion, but no more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.