Subject: A team variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have recently started playing a four player team variant loosely based on Vlaada Chvatil's team rules for Galaxy Trucker. It goes like this:

Team members sit opposite each other and each player draws 15 (instead of 21) tiles at the start. Whenever any player says peel all players must stop what they are doing and run to the opposite side of the table before they draw a new tile. The teammates will now be working on opposite crosswords. When a player finishes their crossword and there are not enough tiles in the middle to peel they go and help their teammate to finish their crossword. The winning team is the first to have both their crosswords complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ien C.
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a hoot! Thanks for sharing.

Would love to hear more about how this variant plays. Crazy hilarity from running around the table and/or interesting new gameplay from the switching itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of crazy hilarity from the running around the table, and you will find yourself rather out of breath at the end of the game.

It's really important to work well with your team mate. I tend to play very spacially with longer words and I when I play with a 'short word person' it can be quite a challenge. It is expected and encouraged in our group that you yell advice across the table to add to the chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.