Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-trayvo...

Zimmerman looks like he took a beating. The back of his head is bloody in more than one place. Seems good for the Zimmerman defense. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to see anyone claim that Zimmerman is a hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Martin attack from behind? I've heard this but have no confirmation.
I've also heard alternatively that Martin knocked Zimmerman down and that's how Zimmerman's head was injured.

If case a, attack man with gun from behind is not a good move.
But coming from the front, it seems like he would see the gun and not be so stupid.

I am sure that there will be people who say the photo of the bloody head is a fake within the next 12 months. It will grow to be an unsinkable theory.

On the weed:
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm
Quote:
The effects of smoking marijuana fade quickly, but the drug, known affectionately as "weed," can be detected in the body for weeks and sometimes longer. How long it remains in the system depends on how often or how much marijuana the user has been smoking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Two men walking abreast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Martin was shot from a distance of 1" to 18". (FBI can't tell if they were standing or prone when the shot was fired.)

The last thing I read said "intermediate range" and I didn't exactly know what is considered intermediate. I would have never assumed it to mean within arm's reach. Now I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

But coming from the front, it seems like he would see the gun and not be so stupid.

From what I have read, Zimmerman did not pull the gun out until he was already being attacked by Martin. So he did not have the gun out to begin with. Again from accounts I have read.

And yes, according to the forensic guy in one article, the slight trace of THC would not have affected Martins actions.

Then why mention it? You think you can find a teenager anywhere who doesn't have slight traces of THC in their system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guidance is internal.
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Then why mention it? You think you can find a teenager anywhere who doesn't have slight traces of THC in their system?

True, you can go to most concerts and not take one hit and get a nice dose of THC from the random atmosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

True, you can go to most concerts and not take one hit and get a nice dose of THC from the random atmosphere.

And kids smoke pot. It's fun. Let's not act like somehow smoking pot makes you into one of the "bad kids." When I was in school it was universal, from the rough-looking kids who hung out by the wood shop to the rich kids from the gated subdivision. Captain of the football team, drum major in the band, theater kids, cheerleaders, the yearbook staff. Everyone smoked. It's cheaper and easier to get than alcohol.

Sure, if the kid was doing Ecstasy or crystal meth or even coke you could imply that he might have been a bad seed. Mentioning that someone smokes pot and implying it says something about his character is bullshit, though. Might as well list off his speeding tickets or the time he got caught chewing gum in class in the second grade. I can't really take anything RoverGuy says seriously when he starts off that way. Either he thinks smoking pot is "bad" and I have to assume he's naive to the point of silliness or he's going out of his way to try to paint the worst possible picture of the kid by holding him up to a deliberately ludicrous standard of behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

You wouldn't have found it in mine. I was a boring good kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I've never tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Yeah, it was an exaggeration. I just get tired of people like that poster grouping pot in with kitten rape and nun-punching as a thing that only "bad" kids do. As I'm sure you recall, the "boring" kids aren't necessarily "good" in other ways, and the "good" kids smoke plenty of green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I've never tried it.

You've missed out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven slater
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

From what I have read, Zimmerman did not pull the gun out until he was already being attacked by Martin. So he did not have the gun out to begin with. Again from accounts I have read.

And yes, according to the forensic guy in one article, the slight trace of THC would not have affected Martins actions.

In effect we only have the word of the killer as to the sequance of events. The paramedic though (who tresated Zimmerman) describesd the wounds as only slightly bleeding, hardley a 'right kicking'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I can't really take anything RoverGuy says seriously when he starts off that way

I didn't just pull that out of thin air, it is in the articles I read, along with a list of other evidence released.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-had-traces-marijuana-sy...

Quote:
The medical examiner's report showed traces of THC - the active ingredient in marijuana - in Martin's blood and a positive test for 'cannabinoids' in his urine.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmerma...

Quote:
Martin had THC, the drug found in marijuana, in his blood on the night of his death, according to the autopsy. His family told ABC News that it was "trace amounts" of THC.

Oh, I don't doubt it's true. I just think your use of it as an attempt to paint his character negatively is lame, and judging by the above, hypocritical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, if that amounts to taking a beating, this guy is a pussy. No wonder he had to carry a gun around with him. I've walked home with far worse at punk shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Scheck
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
tscook wrote:
Confront Assault someone stalking following you: Assault
FTFY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Two men walking abreast.
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
Seriously, if that amounts to taking a beating, this guy is a pussy. No wonder he had to carry a gun around with him. I've walked home with far worse at punk shows.

Of course, the beating stopped when Martin was shot in the chest. We have no way of knowing how severe it could have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One witness reported Martin was beating Zimmerman in the full mount position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
United Kingdom
North London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Those photos don't show a lot of damage. Heads bleed a lot, and the bruises and trickles of blood in those photos are perfectly consistent with a fairly minor fall onto concrete.

I don't know enough to speculate whether things would have got worse or better had Zimmerman not shot Martin, but those photos are not evidence of a 'beating'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what you deserve when you stalk and harass people. What would you do in that situation? Martin probably thought his life was in danger (and clearly it was), so it simply doesn't matter what damage he did to Zimmerman.

This is why you leave people the fuck alone, stop pretending to be a cop, pay attention to the 911 dispatcher and mind your own business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
This is what you deserve when you stalk and harass people. What would you do in that situation? Martin probably thought his life was in danger (and clearly it was), so it simply doesn't matter what damage he did to Zimmerman.

This is why you leave people the fuck alone, stop pretending to be a cop, pay attention to the 911 dispatcher and mind your own business.

How ironic it is that your exact same advice also applies to Martin.

All he had to do was walk away and into his house and he would be alive today. For some reason, he went back or he chose to confront a person following him. From current witnesses I've read, he went back.

Jackie Chan was asked what he would do- being a superblack belt- if someone tried to fight him. His consistent answer was "run away" regardless of how they tried to press him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
See innocent black person. Assume he's up to no good because black people are known to be criminals. Stalk innocent person. Get your ass kicked because you are a fucking bigot moron. Kill your "assailant". God Bless America.

I don't think Zimmerman should hang, but he should get negligent homicide at least. He's a fucking tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
From what I have read, Zimmerman did not pull the gun out until he was already being attacked by Martin.

...which we "know" because this is what Zimmerman said happened, and it's not like he has any reason to lie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
Martin had slight traces of THC in his system (I wonder if Barack HUSSEIN Obama's "son" would smoke pot?)

Is THC supposed to make people more violent? If so, that goes against everything ever published about it.

Also, fixed "Hussein" for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
sisteray wrote:

Of course, the beating stopped when Martin was shot in the chest. We have no way of knowing how severe it could have been.

Or it could have been a struggle after he saw the gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only our system relied on some structured process to determine the guilt or innocence of people alleged to have committed a crime. Some meeting where what was known was presented, argued, examined, and considered under a set of rules that presumed we had to prove that there was sufficient evidence to reach a judgement. Some place where the stuff that's learned from the investigation was vetted by others in society charged to do their best to render a fair and impartial verdict.

Why, oh why can't we do something like require the state to present a case where all this information had to be put together to demonstrate guilt instead of connecting otherwise unconnected news reports?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.