2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
419 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 4.19 + 0.16 = 4.35
it's here,(in french)
now,it seems that 1 debt token = -1 VP !
you can see all the cards and the peace token
I was watching a video of the Cities expansion, and noticed that Petra B-side has 14 victory points for 14 coins. The coins seem to be marked as a single resource. Would that mean, then, that Stevie could build that part of the wonder for a single coin?
The Compulsive Completist
A perfect opportunity for my favorite quote:
"Stevie Pays in Cash"
I'm still a little "meh" about the science stealing cards, if they're the same as before.
Just doesn't go with the icons and seems to just cause a huge mess.
I am so looking forward to a video in English... or at least an OCR PDF of the instructions to go along with this video. Even if the instructions were in French they could translated with ease.
Alas, coins are not a resource... this is clearly differentiated in the instructions on Page 4 where they talk about Construction in 7 Wonders and specifically refer to "Coin Cost" and "Resource Cost" as two separate things. Stevie does pay in cash, but he's not blind to this rule.
(Bold : changes since http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8224510#8224510)
New black cards :
- City gate (1 gold, 1 wood): 4 VP
- Militia (3 gold) 2 shields
- West clandestine dock (1 gold): Any resource that left neighbor to pay 1 gold less once by turn (combined with the counter west)
- East clandestine dock (1 gold): Same but with right neighbor
- "Planque" (free): 2 VP and -1 gold for other players
- Secret dock (2 gold): Double the production of one ressource
- Dovecote (1 gold, 1 ore): Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left
- Residence (1 clay) 1 VP and one diplomacy token to age 1 (no battle for the player)
- Dive (free): 6 gold for the person who plays it, and 1 gold for each of its neighbors
- Tabularum (2 gold, 1 ore, 1 wood, 1 tissue): 6 VP
- Mercenaries (4 gold, 1 papyrus): 3 shields
- Black Market (1 ore, 1 tissue): once per turn, all the resources that we do not produce it yourself. If it produces only wood, the card can produce anything but wood)
Architect Firm (1 papyrus): Copy the chaining his neighbor and win 6 gold
- Architect Firm (1 gold, 1 papyrus): 2 VP and all wonder stages are free
- Lair (1 wood, 1 glass): 3 VP and -2 gold for other players
- Sepulcher (1 stone, 1 glass, 1 tissue): 4 VP and -1 gold to the other players for each military victory
- Consulate (1 clay, 1 papyrus): 2 VP and one diplomacy token
"Brothel" (1 tissue): 2 gold for red, green and blue card owned at the time it is played.
- Casino (1 gold): 9 gold for the person who plays it, and 2 gold for each of its neighbors
-Spy cabinet (2 gold, 1 stone, 1 clay) : Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left
- Capitol (2 gold,2 clay,2 stone, 1 glass, 1 papyrus) : 8 VP
- Contingent (5 gold, 1 tissue): 5 shields
- Slave market (2 ore, 2 wood) : earn gold and VP for military victory when it is played
- Illegal network (1 stone, 1 papyrus) : earn 1 gold and 1 VP for each black cards played
- Brotherhood (2 wood, 1 ore,
1 clay, 1 tissue): As Lair hideout but 4 VP and lost 3 gold to other players.
- Cenotaph (2 stone, 1 ore, 1 glass, 1 tissue): 5 VP and -1 gold to the other players for each military victory
- Building chamber (1 clay, 1 wood, 1 glass, 1 papyrus) : 4 VP,Other players must pay 1 gold by wonder step built
- Embassy (1 stones, 1 tissue, 1 papyrus): 3 VP and one diplomacy token
- Mission chamber (3 gold, 2 ore, 1 galss) : Copy a scientific symbol to your neighbor on the right or left
Namely, for cards that are losing money, players can choose to pay all or part of the sum demanded, but for every piece they can not or will not pay they must take a token debt. At the end of the game, one tokens debt = -1 VP
2 new wonders
- Petra: based on money
- Byzantium: based on diplomacy
3 new guilds
Usurer Guild (2 wood, 1 tissue, 1 papyrus) +1 VP for each 2 debt token in your east and west neighbor
- Counterfeiter guild (3 ore, 1 glass, 1 tissue) : 5 VP and -3 gold each other player
- Crime guild (2 stone, 1 clay, 1 papyrus): a VP for each black cards in neighboring
- "Pleureuses" Guild (2 clay, 1 wood, 1 glass, 1 tissue): 1 VP for each token military victory in neighboring
6 new leaders
- Caligula (3 gold): one black card free of charge once per age
- Darius (4 gold): + 1 VP for each black card
- Dioclétien (2 gold): Each next black card + 2 gold
- Aspasie (3 gold): 1 diplomacy token + 2 VP
- Bérénice (2 gold): When you win
or lose gold (except gold from the sale of resources) you lose or you win one more gold.
- Sémiramis (2 gold): +1 military token for each military defeat
- Last edited Mon May 28, 2012 12:57 am (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Sun May 27, 2012 11:34 pm
New wonders :
Petra A :
Produces 1 Clay
- Stage 1 (1 wood, 1 stone) : 3 VP
- Stage 2 (7 gold) : 7 VP
- Stage 3 (1 wood, 2 stone, 1 papyrus) : 7 VP
Petra B :
Produces 1 Clay
- Stage 1 (2 clay, 2 ore) : 3 VP + - 2 gold for other players
- Stage 2 (14 gold) : 14 VP
Byzantium A :
Produces 1 Stone
- Stage 1 (1 ore, 1 clay) : 3 VP
- Stage 2 (1 papyrus, 2 wood) : 2 VP + diplomacy token
- Stage 3 (2 clay, 1 glass, 1 tissue) : 7 VP
Byzantium B :
Produces 1 Stone
- Stage 1 (1 papyrus, 2 wood, 1 glass, 1 ore) : 3 VP + diplomacy token
- Stage 2 (1 clay, 2 ore, 1 tissue) : 4 VP + diplomacy token
Also some rule questions were answered in the video :
- -x golds are done after anything else (so you can get money before having to chose whether you will pay or get debt tokens)
- A diplomacy token only works for 1 military phase.
- If you have a diplomacy token, spending it is mandatory.
- If you have more than one diplomacy tokens in play (because of Byzantium, Aspasie and a black card, for example) during a military phase, you only spend one of them, keeping other tokens for later.
- Last edited Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Can't help it, but I liked the old cards (Brothel and Usurers Guild) a lot better. Especially the latter one. Yes, I get that, in case of the brothel, the name/subject is problematic. However, they could have just called the card Casino, and kept the effect. I think 9 Gold is way overpowered (even if neighbors profit, too), and 2 per colour (not per colour card, I take it?) would have been sufficient.
Also, I liked the Usurer's Guild because it was based on the debt tokens...
And finally, stage 2 of Petra A seems to me mighty powerful with 7 VP for just 7 Gold.
...and does anyone else feel that the A sides seem more powerful than the B sides here?
In the list of new cards and their descriptions, what is the difference between 'tissue' and 'papyrus'? Am not trying to be rude, and I greatly appreciate the translation, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something...
Tissue is pink, papyrus is beige.
Tissue is the resource in the middle here, papyrus is on the right.
Ah. I always just refer to that as cloth.
Ah. I always just refer to that as cloth.Because English is not my first language, I simply reused Sdric's words.
- Last edited Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 am
New york city
i always refer to what is actually clay as chocolate. lol
when this is expected to come out? anyone?
I was recently told they have pushed the release date back until September.
Supposedly there will be limited copies available at Gen-con in August though.