Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

Back in December I posted about an expansion for Chandragupta named 'Indra's Thunderbolt' which the game designer said at Consimworld back on August 2010, it was close to completion...

Well I read last Friday a posting at CSW and the author mentioned in 5/12/12 that such an expansion was on tracks...any news my friends?

BTW the designer mentioned something else that caught my attention: he mentioned a new game from within the GBoH family, which would be related to India's Mughal Empire and besides the ubiquitous elephants it would cover 3 different kinds of gunpowder weapon systems (muskets, swivel guns and cannon). Hey folks, at least for me, sounds interesting!!

So if anyone has any words on these projects and wants to share it, please let us know!

Regards,

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Avery
Australia
Mount Keira
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that RHBerg is talking about a new 4 battle boxed set...Wellington in India or something along those lines....including finally Assaye !!!
I didnt realise it was going to be under the mighty GBOH umbrella
If so thats great news
Also we await Pyramid of skulls ...GBOH visits the brutal age of Tamerlane the great and the Tartars...etc etc etc

And Well I hope one day GBOH can visit
Devils horsemen 2 - Battles against China and Mongol civil wars
OR
Warring states Battles of ancient china
OR
Hoplite Battles of the Persian and Pelopenesian wars
OR
Battle Axe Norman , Saxon and Viking battle of the dark/middle ages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wellington In India is not related to GBoH. Instead it introduces a simplified version of the GBACW series rules in a new setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Avery
Australia
Mount Keira
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent That is what I originally thought...and after just reading "Sharpes battle" aka Assaye.....this game will be well worth the wait I Feel.....I think RH Berg will pull it off well , I look forward to it.
And more more more GBOH too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I double checked CSW and the posting refers to 'Great Battles of the Mughal Empire' but does not mention whether it would belong or not to the GBoH family.

In other hand the game Wellington in India effectively does not belong to GboH.

Hey Heath, I have read some of the books about Richard Sharpe and his Sergeant Patrick Harper; although WiI is not my cup of tea, nevertheless I would like to check it out once more info is available.

And yes, hopefully the GBoH family keeps growing up!

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Avery
Australia
Mount Keira
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess re a title great battles of the mughal empire ...would put it in the GBOH series on name alone...

WiI will be a stand alone quad type release it seems , but will borrow from line of fire/men of iron systems I have no doubt....in fact , I tip it will be a line of fire/men of iron "family" release

The Line of fire rules are men of Iron bought forward many hundred years into the 1800s ...... same basic system so it would work well here -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Siler
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indra's Thunderbolt got my attention right away, but unfortunately there has been little news for GBoH since Chariots.

Hopefully when Warring States hits, other modules won't be far behind. Indra's Thunderbolt needs to come first, but they can go SPQR style and expand China's wars for several centuries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.