1 Posts

Skip-Bo» Forums » Variants

Subject: Spice it up with "Killer Skip-Bo" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roxanne Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Unusually for me I came to this game via the DS version of the game and soon got hooked.The DS version has alternative card options (just as UNO has the various card add-in rules) and they worked really well. I was a little dismayed therefore when I looked at the physical game that you couldn't use them. My solution, at least for now, has been to make up my own deck as detailed below.

With the new cards the game is faster paced and it adds in more stratagy, openning up new ways to stiffle the plans of your opponant trying to get rid of their stock pile. With a greater scope for "dirty tricks", such as blowing up the stack that your opponant has been waiting to get built up far enough, it also feels a lot more interactive, giving you that little bit more control. Makes a good game even better.

You will need 4 identical packs of cards (I got really cheap ones that I didn't feel too guilty about defacing) though it won't matter if the backs are different colours.They will need to have 2 Jokers per deck that look different to each other.

The first 2 decks add to your Stack as they are, including their 2 jokers.
Temporarily remove all of the 9s and 5s from the 3rd deck and either use a highlighter to make a colourd box around the numbers or draw a ring around them. Add them and the rest of the 3rd deck to your Stack.
From the 4th deck only put its Jokers and Kings into your Stack. Also from this deck mark up its Aces to look like "bomb cards" using a black marker and add them to your Stack (see my photo). The rest of the 4th deck is unused.

Your Stack should now contain 172 cards which are all shuffled together.

The game now plays just like normal Skip-bo, using Ace - Queen as 1-12, except:-

Kings = Skip-Bo/Wild

Coloured Joker = REFRESH, as this card is played, like a normal Skip-bo, the player MUST discard all of the cards in their hand and refill it.

Black Joker = ADD, as this card is played, like a normal Skip/Bo, a card is added to the bottom of the opponant's(s') stock pile.

Specially marked 5 or 9 = A pile may be STARTED with this card, by-passing the need for the preceding numbers.

Bomb = BOMB, placing this card on a building pile clears it away instantly.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.