Subject: Being remaindered at The Works rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Watters
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
As you might guess from the name of seller with the low price on Amazon.co.uk, this is being remaindered in the UK at TheWorks for £7.99 - if you can't get your local store to get a copy, it's slightly cheaper to buy it from their website than from Amazon.

Having just bought it from somewhere else, it's an interesting game, well themed, with very nice components. Definitely worth £7.99.

What with the games' website gone, the publisher's site being stripped down to one page - info that was previously there has vanished - and the TheWorks reckoning they have over three hundred in stock, it's looking very much like they've bought what's left of the print run and there aren't going to be any more made.

It's a bit sad, really. I'll agree the printed rules could be better even in their 1.03 incarnation, but what we have here is a game that is much better than anything proprietary in my local WH Smiths or Argos vanishing under the waves.

TheWorks also have the same publisher's Fagin's Gang, but a look here suggests their smaller stock of that will be around for a long while :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good game, well worth GBP 7.99 - sad to see it go. A bit of a puzzle type game, prone to AP, if you're the type, and maybe a bit long for what it is, but overall a nice addition at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Watters
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
If anyone takes too long, just throw ice cubes at them :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snow Tails's big paws token

is useful too - and reasonably thematic in this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm bought from the Works, and can see why it died. Nice idea and components, but as my 8 yr old said "for all those rules it's not much of a game is it?". Having said that, his current favourites are Rattus and Konig von Siam, so he may just be a bit of a games snob. I bought the quite marvellous Fast Flowing Forest Fellers from the Works for the same price, which shares one of the same ideas, but is a faster, better, more exciting game to play. That ones a keeper. This one heading for the charity shop, I fear, as continued Works sale means its trade value is nil and at the moment my games cupboards are getting a bit too stuffed to justify keeping it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.