Subject: not so urgent medical questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ker-stabbed a nail an inch and a half into my hand the other day, and today I went in for a check up on it.

The doctor asked me what I was doing to take care of the hole, and I told her I was cleaning it and putting neosporin on it every day.

Then she said "Oh that is good, better than anything I can give you here."

Clinics don't have anything better than over the counter Neosporin? what is up with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you should just rub some dirt on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I ran a nail clear through my toe. My dad had me soak my foot in kerosene several times over the holiday weekend until I could get to the doc. Doc asked what I had done and was amazed when I told him. He quizzed one of his elders who said it was the best thing to do, it draws out all of the rust & impurities.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and if you do this, you're taking your own chances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
okiedokie wrote:
Once I ran a nail clear through my toe. My dad had me soak my foot in kerosene several times over the holiday weekend until I could get to the doc.

Ouch! All right there Clint Eastwood. This is Chit Chat not "Prove you're a Bad Ass".

Seriously, I would have been crying like a baby and demanding that 911 send an ambulance... You win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpwoo wrote:
I ker-stabbed a nail an inch and a half into my hand the other day, and today I went in for a check up on it.

The doctor asked me what I was doing to take care of the hole, and I told her I was cleaning it and putting neosporin on it every day.

Then she said "Oh that is good, better than anything I can give you here."

Clinics don't have anything better than over the counter Neosporin? what is up with that?

What's wrong with a simple solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Sure ham an' eggs can talk -- they's sayin' hello to my stomach ri-i-ight now!"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Once I ran a nail clear through my toe. My dad had me soak my foot in kerosene several times over the holiday weekend until I could get to the doc. Doc asked what I had done and was amazed when I told him. He quizzed one of his elders who said it was the best thing to do, it draws out all of the rust & impurities.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and if you do this, you're taking your own chances.

Kerosene is okay unless you have John Madden-tinactin-type-on-fire-athlete's foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
MeryMer wrote:
okiedokie wrote:
Once I ran a nail clear through my toe. My dad had me soak my foot in kerosene several times over the holiday weekend until I could get to the doc.

Ouch! All right there Clint Eastwood. This is Chit Chat not "Prove you're a Bad Ass".

Seriously, I would have been crying like a baby and demanding that 911 send an ambulance... You win.

Don't you know? Dwayne is a badass. The man gets gangrene in his thumb from a baseball-bat sized splinter and then cures it with flash photography while holding components from Super Racko. Took down the super-villain Bagface without even flinching. Not a man you want to tussle with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:

BAHAHAHAAAAA! Now that would sting worse than the nail I would think!

I used to get cut with sheet metal all the time, we'd put pipe dope on it. if it wouldn't stop bleeding, we'd slap duct tape on top to hold it closed. Ah... field surgery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
You can always use the RAMBO style, put some gunpowder in the wound and light it.
Or you can get a Tetanous injection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Use medically-approved superglue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.