Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do these compare? I know there is Bausack, Sac Noir, and now I am being offered a trade for a Bandu set? Like many of you I can be anal about my purchases, and really would like a copy of Bausack, would Bandu be a good substitution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some threads that tell the differences. From what I can tell, Bandu has 54 pieces, with 6 of those being the starter rectangle blocks for structures, and all pieces being the same color.

Bausack has about 70 pieces, and Sac Noir 90-100, however, the Sac Noir pieces are chosen at random, so no two sets will be the same. Both Bausack and Sac Noir has the more difficult pieces in a different color than the easier pieces, which is used in some of the variants.

As for the different variants, there are a bunch posted in the files section that can mostly be used for all three versions, except for Bandu when colors come into play.

Otherwise, the main difference amongst them all is the number of pieces you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, I took a gander through the titles and didn't see anything about Bandu specifically, sorry about that.

Thanks again for the information, will wait on this than.

andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyHuman wrote:
Thank you very much, I took a gander through the titles and didn't see anything about Bandu specifically, sorry about that.

I hope you didn't take that condescendingly, I just mentioned that other threads tell the differences so that you might be able to learn more than what I wrote.

I have Bandu, and I researched the differences some time ago, so there could be other differences to consider that I don't recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
OnlyHuman wrote:

I hope you didn't take that condescendingly, I just mentioned that other threads tell the differences so that you might be able to learn more than what I wrote. :)

I have Bandu, and I researched the differences some time ago, so there could be other differences to consider that I don't recall.

No worries, just don't like clogging the forums with excessive BS and felt like explaining.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bandu is obviously more common here in the US, since it had mass market distribution. I learned the game with Bandu, and later bought a set of Sac Noir and mixed them both together. You will have a blast with either set.

The 6 rectangular base blocks in Bandu are very handy. Bausack and Sac Noir only have 4 plus one extra large one for a couple single-tower variants. The game is best with 4-6.

The block shapes in Bandu are a bit easier to build with. This is a good thing. The real excitement is when you get down to two tall structures, wondering just how high they can get. My favorite structure developed two distinct towers. The other player still in it picked some large and awful shape. I managed to place it as a bridge across the two towers. Amazingly, it stayed together, and her tower fell on the next piece. Sac Noir has a few too many killer pieces that take up a lot of space. It trends toward more squat structures with less pieces before the inevitable crumble.

I am happy to have both together. If I could only keep one, it would be a tough choice. Although Bandu has aftermarket availability and lower piece count, it is a better set of shapes for more exciting structures. If you get Bandu, you will have a great time and probably just end up splurging on Bausack or Sac Noir to add to the mix like I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anais A
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Couldn't I put a colored dot on some of the Bandu pieces to use in those variants you mention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.