Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Munchkin» Forums » General

Subject: Munchkin vs. Munchkin Deluxe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R Spink
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all you die-hard Munchkin players out there.
I have never played Munchkin, but instead saw the Tabletop episode for it.
So I did some brief looking around, and I found both Munchkin and Munchkin deluxe on the Steve Jackson site.

So my question is this: are there any differences between the two versions?
Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
gamingontheice wrote:
Hello all you die-hard Munchkin players out there.
I have never played Munchkin, but instead saw the Tabletop episode for it.
So I did some research, and I found both Munchkin and Munchkin deluxe on the Steve Jackson site.

So my question is this: are there any differences between the two versions?
Thanks!

I wasn't aware a deluxe version came out. But according to SJG website:

Quote:
What makes this edition "deluxe"? It's got a big gameboard to keep your cards in place, and six colored pawns that you move on the gameboard as you level up! Plus a card to go with each pawn, to make it easy to remember who is what color and whose sex has changed!


So unnecessary things for game play but will help to keep track of things better. The standard version just comes with the deck of cards and a die.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R Spink
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
Man!
I guess "scanning" isn't research.
Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEREMY JINKERSON
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
The "Deluxe" version lets you play on a board, gives you pawns, and gives you colored cards that keep track of your sex (in case you get sex-changed). I find that the Deluxe version is *slightly* more fun to play on because it gives it more of a board game feel. Personally, I went with the regular version because it's easier to port it. One less box in your closet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
Cards are also colored.
I have expansions 2-6, I think I'll stick with the old version... ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Rice
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
I saw the Tabletop episode for it too - they were playing using the Delux edition - I have it myself (was a present) - you can totaly go the unDelux version - there are some great playermats on here to d/l to use in place of the board....but the board's nice too lol
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Loveridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
I have the deluxe version, IMO it was worth it for the extra fiver. The box is big enough to keep all the expansions i'm inevitably going to buy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
theruler wrote:
Cards are also colored.
I have expansions 2-6, I think I'll stick with the old version... ;-)

The new printings (19th and up) of 'regular' Munchkin are in colour as well.

If you ask me, I'd advise the deluxe. It has everything you need and looks attractive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R Spink
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
Wulf684 wrote:
theruler wrote:
Cards are also colored.
I have expansions 2-6, I think I'll stick with the old version... ;-)

The new printings (19th and up) of 'regular' Munchkin are in colour as well.

If you ask me, I'd advise the deluxe. It has everything you need and looks attractive.


That's the opinion that I got from the video.
Now, like always, I just need more money...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
I had the original game and expansions 2 through 4 (pre-19th printing) when SJGames started the full-color printing run and tweaked the rules and changed a number of the cards. So, I purchased the "Go Up a Level" expansion/pseudo-upgrade and swapped out all the appropriate cards to get myself current. (Woo!)

Part of me would really like the board, pawns, and pawn-matching-"gender" cards, but I'm definitely reticent to re-purchase the base game - yet again. I noticed that SJGames IS selling just the board for $5. But what I REALLY want is a Munchkin Deluxe upgrade kit -- complete with board, pawns, and gender cards.

But I don't think I'm going to be able to get that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
reverendvader wrote:
I had the original game and expansions 2 through 4 (pre-19th printing) when SJGames started the full-color printing run and tweaked the rules and changed a number of the cards. So, I purchased the "Go Up a Level" expansion/pseudo-upgrade and swapped out all the appropriate cards to get myself current. (Woo!)

Part of me would really like the board, pawns, and pawn-matching-"gender" cards, but I'm definitely reticent to re-purchase the base game - yet again. I noticed that SJGames IS selling just the board for $5. But what I REALLY want is a Munchkin Deluxe upgrade kit -- complete with board, pawns, and gender cards.

But I don't think I'm going to be able to get that.

You can also buy just the pawns. I don't recall seeing the gender cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
I suppose a bag of 6 munchkin pawns and a bag of 6 munchkin babes would accomplish the same purpose... You could simply switch pawns when/if your gender gets changed...

Hmmm...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R Spink
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
EDIT: Did anyone notice that I misspelled Munchkin in the title of the thread?

I just don't know how to edit that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Munchin vs. Munchkin Deluxe
gamingontheice wrote:
EDIT: Did anyone notice that I misspelled Munchkin in the title of the thread?

I just don't know how to edit that.

Edit your first post in the thread and change the subject line.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R Spink
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
gamingontheice wrote:
EDIT: Did anyone notice that I misspelled Munchkin in the title of the thread?

I just don't know how to edit that.

Edit your first post in the thread and change the subject line.


Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.