tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
precis_neumann wrote:
How are you spending the long weekend?

Playing games. What else? This is boardgamegeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
precis_neumann wrote:
How are you spending the long weekend?

Playing games. What else? This is boardgamegeek.
To be more accurate, this is chit chat. You should spend the weekend playing games, instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
If we hadn't had that argument with Elizabeth's ancestor we here could have had a long holiday weekend as well but nooooooo. We had to throw a fit about tea and stamps. Just remember that when you go to work on Monday.

Who says history doesn't effect our day to day lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
If we hadn't had that argument with Elizabeth's ancestor we here could have had a long holiday weekend as well but nooooooo. We had to throw a fit about tea and stamps. Just remember that when you go to work on Monday.

Yeah, but then in a month and a day, we'll be getting a day off when the Brits don't! And we get that one every year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying hard not to offend anyone with my views. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Trying hard not to offend anyone with my views. whistle

Never forget: Bannockburn. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm listening to some classic songs via You Tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McPhee
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a lazy relaxing weekend doing very little. I don't get Tuesday off though as the Scottish government interpreted the guidance from Westminster differently and therefore get an extra day of annual leave to be taken at some point this year, just not (necessarily)on Tuesday. I have Monday off though and am planning on taking the phone off the hook, ignoring the front door if it goes and totally vegging out in bed all day watching films.

I'm not the staunchest royalist by any stretch, but it's all very interesting, and as heads of state go Elizabeth gets my vote. I hope her son, however, doesn't get much time on the throne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Never forget: Bannockburn. arrrh

It's nothing to do with a Scottish identity - lots or royalists here, even in the independence camp. The British Monarchy as a bloodline is fairy inclusive and there is no doubt that the Monarchy loves Scotland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
The British Monarchy as a bloodline is fairy inclusive and there is no doubt that the Monarchy loves Scotland.

I believe Liz is descended from both Edward II and Robert I, the kings on both sides at Bannockburn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Macewan
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent yesterday playing games at BM*, when in the midst of a game we were suddenly interrupted by an prop aircraft hammering overhead incredibly low - looking out the window we saw it was Spitfire!

Over the next 15 minutes, we were repeatedly staffed by the Spitfire, a Hurricane and a Lancaster. It turns out that a train was being named 'The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight' and the eponymous group were doing flyovers to celebrate, and as we meet in the railway institute we had a ringside seat.

*Beyond Monopoly, Yorks friendliest board game club (tm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mbmbmbmbmb
They televised some of the festivities on CNN here in America, and the weather looked bloody awful, dismal, cold & rainy.
Stiff upper lip, chaps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Ma! They done killed Rando!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Cherries Jubilee. Easier on the teeth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jubilee just turned into Chit Chat...Grace Jones in a wierd outfit hulahooping while singing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
The Jubilee just turned into Chit Chat...Grace Jones in a wierd outfit hulahooping while singing...

Grace Jones should be an honorary member of Chit Chat. However, someone else is more than welcome to her "soul"........gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:

Yeah, but then in a month and a day, we'll be getting a day off when the Brits don't! And we get that one every year!

Back a while back (25 years actually) I was working in Texas. I was seconded to the US subsidiary of the UK company I worked for. That was incorporated in Virginia, and the employees had holidays based on those in Virginia. Meanwhile we were working with a US company whose employees had holidays appropriate to Texas.

And a consequence of that was that on George Washington's birthday, the Britons had the day off while the Americans had to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually saw the queen twice during the Jubilee. Without even trying to. I was sightseeing London, and walked around the St Pauls Cathedral area when the masses started screaming and - lo and behold - there was the queen driving by, along with her entire family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.