Subject: Trader movement when already at the 10 space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I took one of the new goodie bag cards and rolled a 2 (2 decorations) and a 5 (1 space on the trader hut). However, I'm already at the 10 space on the trader hut. Can I still choose the 5 roll for myself (to deny it to my opponent), even though I can't advance? And if I can, do I still get 2 decorations even though my marker doesn't actually move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
The Hellfish Bonanza!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definitely take the 5 roll for yourself to deny the other player; this is the same for the farm track spots as well.

The verbiage in the SitG rulebook says whenever you MOVE your marker, you immediately take two decorations, but I am not sure if it applies when you should move it but can't.

I'd rule that you still take them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had this arrise the first time we played Style is the Goal. I ruled that as they were on the 10 space they had not moved/could not and therefore as the rules say that you get the 2 decorations when you have moved any number of spaces i.e 1 or 2 they did not get them.
Is there an offcial rulling on this anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a good question, moving 2 spaces at a time should cause this to be common and some players will see it both ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latex Jedi wrote:
I had this arrise the first time we played Style is the Goal. I ruled that as they were on the 10 space they had not moved/could not and therefore as the rules say that you get the 2 decorations when you have moved any number of spaces i.e 1 or 2 they did not get them.
Is there an offcial rulling on this anywhere?

Does anybody know anything about this situation? Do you get 2 decorations if you move on the trader track when already on space number 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.