Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that in Sac Noir it comes with rules to play 5 different variations of the game. Does Bausack do something similar? I have read all the forums and noticed that Sac Noir has more pieces, but noone mentions if you can play all variations with Bausack.

Finally, how many players can play Bausack at once?...Sac Noir?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same concept, different pieces. Indeed, I think my set has a few different mother sets combined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically the 5 variant are the same game with different means of stacking or getting pieces.

The base game is every player builds their own tower. Last one standing wins.

One is the same thing with an auction to buy, or not buy, pieces instead of just picking them.

One is a variation where another player picks what piece you have to use.

One is a co-op type game with all player working to build the same tower.

And the last one I forget. Must no be that memorable.

I would think you could do the same with your game. The biggest restriction is the piece count of course. Bausack having only 46 pieces is rough. Sac Noir has 96. Adding another Bausack game to double your piece count would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
I would think you could do the same with your game. The biggest restriction is the piece count of course. Bausack having only 46 pieces is rough. Sac Noir has 96. Adding another Bausack game to double your piece count would be great.

I thought I heard Sac Noir - 96
Bausack - 70
Bandu - 46

Is this a mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Miller
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OnlyHuman wrote:
I thought I heard Sac Noir - 96
Bausack - 70
Bandu - 46

Is this a mistake?

That looks about right to me. Both versions of Bausack definitely have way more pieces than Bandu. A single set of Bandu does not have enough pieces in my opinion. Regular Bausack does have enough, unless you're playing with lots of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.