1 Posts

Backgammon» Forums » Variants

Subject: There and Backgammon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xithi Chasm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I woke up on Saturday morning with this Backgammon variant in my head. apologies if it already exits under another name.

There and Backgammon.
You will need a second set of pieces (two distinct colours and distinguishable from the first set) or a way of marking one side of each of one set of pieces as negative. The main variant is that instead of moving pieces into your home area and then bearing them off, once home pieces are changed (or flipped) to their negative versions. This neg ative version of the piece moves in the opposite direction, ie back towards your start. Once all of the negative pieces are in the section opposite the home section of the board (your start section), you can bare them off from there. Setup is the same as normal Backgammon, except the row of five pieces in the home sections, which start as negative pieces. Negative pieces never become positive pieces. If a positive piece is taken, it comes back at the start section, but if a negative piece is taken it comes back on in the home section. Blockers can consist of both negative and positive pieces, but must be moved in top-down order ie the top piece must be be moved before pieces below it.
A house rule of ours is a maximum of five pieces per spike.
If anyone gives this a go I would love to hear how it goes.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.