Subject: 12 versions of the game named "Score Four" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are twelve known versions of the basic boxes for the bead/rod game with a 4x4 grid of posts, and which are actually named Score Four. There are additional variations when considering the packaging.

Score Four (Funtastic Edition 1967)

Score Four (Funtastic Edition 1968)

Score Four (Lakeside Edition 1971)

Score Four (Lakeside Canadian Edition 1971)
Although I highly doubt the 1971 date on this image. I think it should be 1974 even though I don't have this edition.

Score Four (Lakeside Deluxe Edition 1974)

Score Four (Lakeside Edition 1975)
aka - "World" Edition

Score Four (Lakseide Vertical Edition 1975)

Score Four (Lakeside Canadian edition 1975)

Score Four (Action GT Edition)

Score Four (Lakeside 1978)

Score Four (Lakeside Canadian edition 1978)
not yet an approved version...

Score Four (Lakeside Edition 1982)

(no image yet, but it is a green box and has blue/gold beads.)

Parts List (In progress...)

* 1 - Cups
1A Black Paper
1B Black plastic

* 2 - Pins

2A small metal
2B large metal
2C plastic
ect...

3 - Light Beads

3A
3B
3C
ect...

4 - Dark Beads

4A
4B
4C

ect...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Listening to: Pepper Adams - Encounter! // Nick Brignola - Raincheck // Serge Chaloff - Blue Serge
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you aware that you can add versions on the game page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Are you aware that you can add versions on the game page?

I added most of them! The problem is that they don't sort like this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Listening to: Pepper Adams - Encounter! // Nick Brignola - Raincheck // Serge Chaloff - Blue Serge
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:

On the plus side, they'll be immediately visible to anyone checking out the game, and once added to the version list, people can associate them with their own copies in their collections. If you think they need to be sorted differently in the version list, you might contact one of the admins. Perhaps they could help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
herace wrote:

On the plus side, they'll be immediately visible to anyone checking out the game, and once added to the version list, people can associate them with their own copies in their collections. If you think they need to be sorted differently in the version list, you might contact one of the admins. Perhaps they could help.

They are in the version list! I have submitted the 1978 Canadian edition and it has not yet been approved.

I totally agree that the versions ought to sort better, but they are working on a new GUI right now. There is no chance that they will work on something that isn't totally broken.

I'd also like to see sort options for the versions. Sort by name, sort by date ect.

Believe me, you are preaching to the choir... I do thank you for your remarks. I totally understand that you are trying to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL - I have hit Scott A. Reed (skelebone) with so many versions and version corrections that he is wondering if anyone got the license plate of that truck that just hit him. He also just isn't trying to keep up with me but who knows how many other hundred submitters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Got links for all the versions in the post at the top. I'm quitting on this for the night.

When I said earlier that I added most of the versions, I meant most of the 46 versions of Score Four. In the last week I went from 30 versions to 75+ and I have 10 in the queue. (I've been going through my games on a 4x4 board geeklist. Also games that I own.)

I also have taken pictures. All but one of the Score Four pictures in the top post are mine. I've also added links for most of them back to the versions.

See my game images for Scor Four and its versions:
http://boardgamegeek.com/images/thing/3656/score-four?userna...

Feel free to thumb a few if you like them. I still plan to add some more contents photos, and photos of multiple versions together. I've been trying to get the Score Four releases fixed first.

As I said I've got so much stuff in the queue on this that I need to back off for a couple of weeks and left the dust settle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.