Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
I didn't even know there were a 1st and 2nd edition. So my guess is 'no, no differences'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aware of one difference - the 2nd edition includes 2-player variant in the rulebook and the box says 2-4 players, while the 1st edition says 3-4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:
I'm aware of one difference - the 2nd edition includes 2-player variant in the rulebook and the box says 2-4 players, while the 1st edition says 3-4 players.

2nd edition box front does not have the designer Sébastien Pauchon's name under the Yspahan title.

Also, in the 2nd edition the word "Games" in the Ystari Games logo on the box has a slightly different font; the "g" is capitalized and most of the letters are connected just like script handwriting. It's a subtle difference, but it is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blindsorrow wrote:
Glad8r wrote:

2nd edition box front does not have the designer Sébastien Pauchon's name under the Yspahan title.

Also, in the 2nd edition the word "Games" in the Ystari Games logo on the box has a slightly different font; the "g" is capitalized and most of the letters are connected just like script handwriting. It's a subtle difference, but it is there.

Just posted in the Yspahan gallery 4 photos of side-by-side comparisons of the 1st and 2nd edition boxes.

The print quality on the box of the 1st edition seems a bit nicer to my eye (better contrast, more subtle color detail) and I think it is apparent in the photos if you look very carefully, but it's VERY minor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.