3 Posts

Lord of the Rings: Battlefields» Forums » General

Subject: yeah, finally picked this up!!! For retail Price!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Gill
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got Battlefields for retail price. I was visiting Millennium Games in Rochester (awesome selection) and there it was, sitting on the shelf. I have no idea if they have any more, but it may be worth it giving them a call.

I hope more people can find this at a decent price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did your first play go?

This one I find tougher than F&F, but not quite as tough as F&F + Sauron expansion. That said, I think in *some* ways (assuming you can board-skip twice), Battlefields alone is harder than Battlefields + F&F...for Battlefields + F&F, you may be able to skip over a couple of boards with main-line fight tracks (skipping Helm's Deep and one other...Moria is easier, Shelob's Lair is a harder board)...which means you have more fight cards in your hand to place the Fellowship pieces.

Let us know what you think! I have not mastered Battlefields, and am not suicidal enough to lump it in with Sauron yet (which is how I usually play the game, since my wife loves playing as Sauron)...but I have won once with F&F+Battlefields, but not with just Battlefields.

I really like this expansion, it really changes things quite a bit! I think I may pull it out for another solo game today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Damn. I had to import mine from England. Don't ask what I paid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.