Subject: Reverse Charades: A Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristen McCarty
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Reverse charades is a simple but ingenious twist on the classic game of charades. The rules are very similar, but instead of one person acting and the team guessing, this time the team acts and one person guesses. A Simple change, but with amazing results.

Game Play

The rules are simple, easy to teach, and easy to learn. Three things that make a great party game! The teams wants their guesser to guess as many correct words is the time limit as possible. Each correct answer is worth 1 point. Players play until one team reaches the goal number. Teams can loose points if someone mouths a word or makes a noise.

My Thoughts!

I love that a simple change can bring about so much. Now the team act out the charades clues together and only one person guesses. Charades becomes not just a party game but a team building activity, family bonding time, and even an educational experience. The game only works when you work together.

I tried this in my classroom as an energizer and icebreaker activity and I was amazed with the results. At first the students stood alone, acting the word out without looking at their team. The guesser actually had a harder time guessing this way as they watched 10 kids independently act out a word. Then something clicked and they started to work together. I tried to encourage the team atmosphere, but it wasn’t just mean and the game went to a new level. They had to work together to win, and they did! The game was a success and the kids were talking about it for days, remembering how so and so did this. It was an energizer but it brought them together and made them feel closer as a class.

I played this game once at the beginning of the year and students were still asking to play again and again. They even chose it as their game to play at our student teacher’s farewell party. So I definitely give this one my recommendation. You have to be willing to let go, but the results could be amazing!

Quick Stats:

Designer: Scott & Bryce Porter
Publisher: Gryphon Games
Number of Players: 6 and up
Quick Note: There is a Junior Version of this game!

Photo Credits: Bryce Porter (bvp3us), Ender Wiggins (EndersGame), Bryce Porter (bvp3us), Ender Wiggins (EndersGame)

This Review was originally posted on my blog: A Game Built for Two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.