United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For instance:

I'm receiving a punt and my chart shows 27*
The kicking team's chart shows 44

I take the asterisk to mean that I have the choice of a 27 yard return or I can go with no return and a 27 yard kick, thus nullifying the kicking team's chart result.

My second guess is that the asterisk means that I have the choice of a 27 yard return or changing the kick distance to 27 and rolling again for the return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means 27 yard return and the runner went OB to stop the clock as a 15 second play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pisarz, Jr.
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The asterisk indicates the runner went out of bounds. The punt and return yardage are unchanged. I believe the play is 10 seconds as punt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After searching thru the game materials for the definition of the asterisk I gave up and posted this question. At that time I was assuming that the (#) in the Chart Legend referred to the (*) on the team charts, I was thinking a mistake was made in printing the Chart Legend.

Today, after opening the box, my eye is immediately drawn to the small print under the Chart Legend on the game board.

"Whenever an asterisk (*) appears next to a number or in a white box, it indicates that the Ball is Out of Bounds, in which case the time for the play is 10, rather than 30 seconds."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon eck
United States
columbia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
also, if the symbol follows the punt yardage (47*) there is no return (fair catch).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.