Subject: Solitaire vroom, vroooom, blam, blam, blam, KA-BOOM! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Thunder Road can be played solitaire.

I usually play solo with two gangs: mine and foes. When it comes to foes, I roll dice and play the best I can. Most of the times, best options are clear; if I'm unsure, I roll to choose one (although this rarely happens). With two gangs, I can finish solitaire battles in about ten minutes (yes, more or less what it would take in a real road battle).

And that's it. There are lots of people who play complex boardgames solitaire, even those with a lot of strategy. Since Thunder Road doesn't allow players to plan ahead their current turn, I think it's an easy game to play solo.

At least, it is for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Destroying human opponents has always been more entertaining to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in my games I imagine I'm destroying human opponents. In fact, they're punk-looking badasses! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately its not really solitaire. You are just playing against yourself., not against the game.

I can play Battlestar Galactia TBG against myself. In absolutely no way makes it solitaire.

On the other hand. This is a game that could be worked up for solitair rules. Its one of the endless half-finished projects I have had pending since the loss of a good chunk of my board game collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I see your point.

I had thought about some rules for the foes, like rolling a die for each vehicle instead of allocating three dice. Perhaps giving them a +1 to every movement die, up to a maximum of 6, but still needing two actual sixes to repair...

Good to read about your project to make "solitaire" Thunder Road, Omega. Please keep it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried my solitaire ideas, and they work fine.

SOLITAIRE THUNDER ROAD

- Play with two gangs: yours vs. foes.

- Foes turn: don't roll three dice at a time. Roll one yellow die for each car, starting with the car which is ahead. Add +1 to each yellow die (up to a maximum of 6). Foes still need two natural sixes to repair.

- When enemy cars move, they'll try to ram you or, if unable, to shoot you.

- Don't forget the enemies will also use their chopper against your cars!

Have fun and a lot of KA-BOOMS! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... got session report? I always love reading those. This sounds like it'd make a neat one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, here it is:
"Vroom, vroooom, blam, blam, blam, KA-BOOM!" zombie

No, I'm too lazy to do one report, sorry. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the easy way is to record what happens as you play. It's what I usually do. (not that I do session reports often)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These days I've tried the authomatic rules for foes, but I definitely prefer to play the two gangs doing my best, as described in my first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.