Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about buying Chandragupta, but I would like to know about playing time - the shortest scenarios, how long do they take? The truth is, it's kind of hard to convince my friends to play anything that last more than 3 hours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 hours is possible for the smaller scenarios but only when both players know the rules well. This is a key issue here because explaining the rules can take an hour for itself. And getting confident will take several plays as well.

However, Chandragupta can be played with the Simple GBoH rules. (You have to buy them separately.) These rules are easier to learn and allow you to play a lot faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer I was waiting for! Thank you very, very much!

Maybe the game will be a problem for now. I, for myself, would love to spend 3, 4, 5 hours playing something like this, but I know it will not happen frequently here. Besides, I've got Britannia and Wellington, two games that is kind of hard to put on the table, but that some of my friends already know so it's easier to convince them.

As for the Simple GBoH, I wonder if you don't loose something by simplifying it. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vazquezramos wrote:

As for the Simple GBoH, I wonder if you don't loose something by simplifying it. What do you think?

Although I haven't played Simple GBoH yet, I think that Simple GBoH is basically rather a different set of rules instead of just a simplified set. GBoH has the better command system, but Simple GBoH has less bookkeeping. Also Simple GBoH can be used for several other GBoH titles too, like SPQR, Alexander, Conquest of Gaul, etc. while the full GBoH rules differ from game to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in the end I've bought the game!

It's the most complex game I have for sure, and it looks fantastic. TheShock combat is a complex rule but I can't wait to test it. The game seems to bring more realism to the table than any other game I have ever had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.