Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
94 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » Sponsored Promotions

Subject: Eagle & Gryphon Games "Western Town" & "Fantastiqa" Contest! Expired. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Western Town is a Wild West-themed resource management game that was successfully launched on Ulule (a European crowd-funding website). Olivier Warnier, the designer of the game, approached Eagle Games about presenting the game to the English-speaking markets outside of Europe and after seeing the game, we are very excited to make this game available to you via Kickstarter. The game is for 2 to 4 players, ages 14 years and up. A game of Western Town lasts roughly 20-25 minutes per player (about 90 minutes for a 4 player game).

In Western Town, each player is a Marshal of an expanding town in the Old West of the U.S. in the early 1860s. Each Marshal wants to develop the most prosperous town, one which President Lincoln himself would be proud to visit. Each player has his own board on which he will be building his town. Every building gives him different, and increasing, rights and abilities, and therefore power. The bigger your town gets, the better – but managing growth is challenging, so you'll need to make difficult choices at the beginning of each round as to which buildings you'll bring into play. There is an exciting "gotcha" element during the reveal phase, where you are able to shut down other players' buildings, so don't be fooled in to thinking you can build your town and ignore everyone else. The other Marshals will be watching you closely, so be ready.

Fantastiqa is a deck-building board game set in a fantastical landscape of dark forests, mist-shrouded highlands, and frozen wastes. As you and your foes journey around the board, you will subdue strange creatures and fulfill fabulous quests. Each creature you encounter has both an ability and a vulnerability. By playing card symbols to which a creature is vulnerable, you can subdue it and recruit it as an ally. Each creature you defeat is added to your expanding deck of cards, making its special ability into an ability of your own! A defeated Enchantress will wield her beguiling charms to help you overcome wandering Knights. Knights in turn subdue Dragons, adding their fiery breath to your cause.

Escape the mundane and enter the world of Fantastiqa, which is now available for preorder on Kickstarter!

Enter Now!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eagle & Gryphon Games "Western Town" & "Fantastiqa" Contest! Ends July 24th!
Another contest, another chance! I'm not giving up hope... Thanks for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek Wasilewski
Poland
Warsaw
Falenica
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Eagle & Gryphon Games "Western Town" & "Fantastiqa" Contest! Ends July 24th!
Thanks for the contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You answered 6 questions correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
You answered 0 questions correctly.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
4 / 6
But the mb looks nice meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel silverthorne
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot.. I think i am going to win this one. Thanks for the contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual, I'll win also this contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
We must look to the past to help guide us in the future.
badge
Pumpkin flavored everything is coming!
mbmbmbmbmb
5 correct! My random guessing without looking at the questions is starting to pay off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for my first win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
Trento
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Life is adventure or nothing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the contest!
Good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
The Turtle Moves.
badge
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. Set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
After so many contest attempts, those odds have to start stacking in my favour... Surely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Candiani
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice contest with nice games!
Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
You answered 0 questions correctly.

shake

Me too. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
5 out of 6 for me

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 out of 6. I have no expectations at all. I am very humble like that. As a reward, you should let me win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's me keeping my loosing streak alive Thanks for the contest anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying again... Would love to win this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the contest,

6/6

Learn history, with giveaway contest great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the contest!

6/6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Lashley
Japan
Kawasaki-shi
Kanagawa-ken
flag msg tools
Chance favors the prepared mind.
badge
Mundus vult decipi
mbmbmbmbmb
6 out of 6 correct and I'm 0 for 54 in the contest division. Huzzah!
Maybe sometime in the next year or two I might get lucky.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I aced it, but only got 5/6. Oh well, fingers crossed for another contest.

Maybe I should cross my toes, since crossing my fingers has yet to yield positive results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
6 / 6

Thanks for the contest!

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beane
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! 6/6!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Murray
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They make you work for this one.. 6/6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.