Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The family version is on sale at gamesurplus. It includes 8 expansions and Granada. What expansions did they choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
ralpher wrote:
The family version is on sale at gamesurplus. It includes 8 expansions and Granada. What expansions did they choose?

I've found somewhat conflicting information on what the Family Box contains. Several websites say it has the base Alhambra game, Granada, and eight expansion modules to Alhambra, without describing what those modules are. On the contrary, I've also found a few websites that say it contains Alhambra, Granada, and the Vizier's Favor set of expansions to Alhambra, which consists of four modules. So it appears that the Family Box definetly has the four expansion modules from the Vizier's Favor, but whether it contains any additional modules is unclear.

Although I can't firmly answer the question that you asked, if you want to buy Alhambra I'd highly recommend that you buy the Big Box rather than the Family Box. The Big Box is a great deal and it contains the base game + twenty expansion modules. Alhambra is much better game with a lot of expansions.

There was actually a similar thread to this recently that might help you. You can find it here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/824984/big-box-vs-family...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I have read says:

This box contains Alhambra, Granada, and Expansion 1: The Vizier's Favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo M. Corrêa
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the components? Will it be the same as the anniversary edition? With the fountains and the bag? At least I know it have a board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chalupka
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:

http://www.queen-games.de/games.aspx?ProductId=80

According to this, it is:

- The Vizier´s Favor
- The Bonus Cards
- The Bureaux de Change
- The Builders´ Huts

Which seems like it is everything from the first expansion pack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.