Struggle of Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: concerning control tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say that blue has an army unit in africa and yellow has two control tokens there and no army

Blue decides to attack yellow. After paying two gold, does blue go through battle where he rolls dice and has a chance to lose his unit if he rolls a seven or does he automaticly just win and gains a control token from yellow or even both ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
geirinn wrote:
Lets say that blue has an army unit in africa and yellow has two control tokens there and no army

Blue decides to attack yellow. After paying two gold, does blue go through battle where he rolls dice and has a chance to lose his unit if he rolls a seven or does he automaticly just win and gains a control token from yellow or even both ??

A token has no combat strength and so the yello player would roll and would add 0 to the difference of his dice. Notice that Blue would have to defeat both control markers separtely, i.e, paying two gold and using an action each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense This rulebook is killing me, it seems such a simple game but I simply cant grasp some things like these from the rulebook.

thx for the feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
geirinn wrote:
Makes sense This rulebook is killing me, it seems such a simple game but I simply cant grasp some things like these from the rulebook.

thx for the feedback

The rules are very succinct but actually everything is in fact there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Token resistance?
geirinn wrote:
Lets say that blue has an army unit in africa and yellow has two control tokens there and no army... Blue decides to attack yellow.

Pay 2gp. Assuming blue has Army Training and all else is equal that is a +2 attack (1+1 vs 0). These can go wrong.

If blue doesn't have Army Training he needs a pressing reason to risk it at +1 and I would advise finding something else to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.