Popular Tags: [View All]
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistleI was just thinking about it ...
The D-Dice map format would fit nicely on the Ipad screen !

Any plans for a future release ?I am pretty sure this game can achieve the same success in the iOS world ...

Thanks
(still waiting for my copy arrives in Brazil )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogério de Leon Pereira
Brazil
Maringa
Paraná
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
labalbi wrote:

http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/submit/?confirmation=CJ4683...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be all over iPad DDD. C'mon Playdek, get your licensing people on this. ( Or anyone else, but Playdek apps are so damn slick.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked previously in another thread: and the answer was that there were/are indeed plans for an D-Day-Dice-App
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Citizen Liaison High Minister for Civic Involvement
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but the need to make it for the Android market not that silly iPad thing. Everyone knows that is just a fad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget us iPhone people who haven't jumped on with the "silly iPad fad".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
Yes, an iPad/iPhone version is on the way. It's been in development for quite a few months, actually. I will have more new on this a bit later (in the Fall, probably).

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Edenton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
Yes, an iPad/iPhone version is on the way. It's been in development for quite a few months, actually. I will have more new on this a bit later (in the Fall, probably).

E

Yes, as Erik said, please go with an Android version released at the exact same time as the iOS, not five months later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Yes, but the need to make it for the Android market not that silly iPad thing. Everyone knows that is just a fad.

You guys do realize that Android is a much worse business proposition for developers than iOS is, right?

The device compatibility issues are a nightmare, plus the average Android user spends significantly less on apps than the average iOS user.

It's just not a good business to jump into. Most sensible developers will develop for iOS first and, if there's success in those waters, they'll translate the app for Android.

Developing for Android first just doesn't make good business sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vinashu wrote:
labalbi wrote:

http://www.stamps.com/shipstatus/submit/?confirmation=CJ4683...

3 ... and my line for life is already in Rio waiting for customs to release! (crossing fingers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh ...you betcha ! ya gonna pay a huge amount of g's, boy...

get your ass covered ...no one can escape the Brazilian Customs hug nowadays...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brannon
United States
Harvey
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

E

That will be great. Can you tell us the developer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
brandaid wrote:
Amiral wrote:

E

That will be great. Can you tell us the developer?:D

I don't believe I can. But I can say that they have put out a few apps already, and that some of them have sold well. Also, I'll add that the game will probably be free, with payable expansions.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it yet (it has not reached the shores of Norway yet), so maybe it's not something that is needed, but I was thinking it would be cool with a resources app for iPhone / Android to easily record your resources.

As a bonus it could also store the result so you could see which scenarios you've beaten, how many times you've won, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
"eracer68" wrote:

You guys do realize that Android is a much worse business proposition for developers than iOS is, right?

The device compatibility issues are a nightmare, plus the average Android user spends significantly less on apps than the average iOS user.

It's just not a good business to jump into. Most sensible developers will develop for iOS first and, if there's success in those waters, they'll translate the app for Android.

TIL iPad owners are spendthrifts while us Android users are frugal with our money. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates? I'd love to have this for iOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Grosskarlbach
Rhineland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Phirax's Magical Box of Hot
badge
Keats and Yeats are on your side, but you lose... because Wilde is on mine.
mb
eracer68 wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
eracer68 wrote:
Yes, but the need to make it for the Android market not that silly iPad thing. Everyone knows that is just a fad. :D

TIL iPad owners are spendthrifts while us Android users are frugal with our money. :devil:

As an iPad owner I find that your comment is worth 5 GeekGold. How much has the Android community given you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
eracer68 wrote:

TIL iPad owners are spendthrifts while us Android users are frugal with our money pirates. arrrh

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phirax wrote:
As an iPad owner I find that your comment is worth 5 GeekGold. How much has the Android community given you?

And I gave you half back, because arrrh

edit - I should note that while I am an Android user I am not into pirating software for two reasons. One - its wrong. and Two - most of the sites you'd acquire this type of software are likely going to try and push some additional software on to your device or the software has been tampered with. The risk isn't worth saving a few bucks in my mind.

in conclusion - whats the status of the DDD App?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read this on twitter:

Quote:
Distimo says Apple App store makes $5.4M/day for 200 top-grossing apps, Google Play is at $679K/day. An 8:1 revenue ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:
E

18 months after this statement and no iPad APP yet. Dead in the water I take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming this is another victim of the VRE debacle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I am assuming this is another victim of the VRE debacle.

What is that? VRE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valley/Radiant/Elusive Games. They might b up to three different companies. They might be just one or two. There is this lawsuit against them (or one or two of the companies) that has sucked up time and legal fees with a freeze placed on some corporate assets (money).

I do not know if this is a problem for the app. Seems likely, though, as it has held up publication of Up Front, Airborne in Your Pocket and D-Day Dice expansions. There is a long thread or two about it under Up Front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.