Subject: Solved problem with seeding cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cezary Gronek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many mistakes in the seed cards section of this scenario. Keep in mind these corrections and everything is OK:

"SEED CARDS"
-Chapel
4A should be 5A
4B should be 5B

-Hallway 2
4A should be 5A
4B should be 5B

-Coat Room
Dark Room should be Trapped Door

PROLOGUE
4A should be 5A
4B should be 5B

One more correction:
Event III
Reverse 3A with 3B

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Have you solved the problem with it's a terrible scenario and basically unplayable?

Because I think that's kind of a more serious issue than "Story Choice 5 doesn't matter".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Gronek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you tell me why it is unplayable? For me it certainly is playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
If the keeper makes use of Summon Worshipper's low cost and the Altar's convenient location, the keeper easily wins by killing everyone. If the keeper does not abuse this, instead the investigators easily win provided they don't leave the clue-hunter alone constantly, because the keeper doesn't have the Threat to stall them enough and every single objective requires the keeper to stall heavily. And if the investigators start relay-dropping or, worse still, arrive with Duke? The keeper may as well resign right there.

It's rare to see a scenario so poorly balanced that it's broken in favor of both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bazil Khiznjak
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played last weekend according to correction ant it were awesome. From one side scenario quite easy to win if investigators will not go in exploring. At the beginning of party I give notice to investigators that there will be some corrections in text.
So the start were good, after few first turns I spawned 4 of 6 cultist. Then comes hound. As the event 3 were resolved detective story turned out as an action. I were tired to read combat cards. Humanoid monsters combat deck were shuffled 3 times in 4 turns.
As a result keeper wins according to last event card. Investigators find only two clues.
Thank`s for correcting misprints. I opened this scenario for me from other better side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peffeboss van der Miljes
Sweden
flag msg tools
I am playing the Silver Tablet with some friends this weekend. Very good to know about the Seeding error. Just to be sure I will be extra careful and seeding and make sure there´s no dead clue-ends. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peffeboss van der Miljes
Sweden
flag msg tools
After doing a test setup, I got a pretty good look into the game mechanics. The errors of this expansion led me to really digging into the story (that I agree is not the most original as far as MoM expansions go). I have found several alternatives to the seeding, some making it more simple or spicing it up for the investigators.

The is an big risk there will be more house rules for MoM from now on

But in the end I wish FFG had put more effort into proof reading.

Lets see tomorrow how the gameplay goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van der Valk
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ only lists two errata: The Dark Room = Trapped Door issue, and that (in my printing too), the Chapel is labeled as Ceremony Room.

So you can seed the cards fine as instructed, because 4A and 4B directly correspond to 5A and 5B respectively. Now exactly why they had to add choice #5 (I haven't played this in a long time), even with the explanation in the FAQ, I am not completely sure on.

So there are two relatively minor printing errors in the setup instructions.

Now as to the vocally purported "unplayability" of the scenario, this is as it looks to me the opinion of a handful of people who play with min-maxers instead of "RPG-ers" (to mention both outends of the spectrum).

This expansion has an average 7.34 rating, which is rocksolid. So if you're looking to get this expansion, please don't get waylaid by a few who have not enjoyed it (after repeated plays), and/or inferred more problems with the initial printing than it actually has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.