$10.00
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, check this out. There's a guy who makes board game components and stuff out of wood: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/berialpha/lyris-laser-st...

I sent him an inquiry about a wooden edition of Battle of LITS, and he said he could do three copies of the game for US$150 or one for US$100. He says, "The bulk of the cost is really just my design time. However, if you can stir up some interest and have other fans pledge for a copy of your game, I can definitely adjust the price down for everyone." [emphasis mine] I'll see how much money I can pitch in towards this, but if anybody else wants a copy of this game made out of something sturdier than printer paper, or even just wants to pledge some money towards Battle of LITS without getting anything in return just to make things cheaper on me, that would be awesome. Wood is the best material in the universe.

Edit: Alternatively, you can just send me money via PayPal if you trust me enough, and I will add it to my own pledge; if I reach the $150 level in a single pledge on my own, that will simplify things a little, in terms of us knowing whether this is going to happen or not! As a bonus, I'll construct custom logic puzzles for you, whether you ask for them or not!

Edit 2: I have the $150 now. I don't need any more from you guys anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Figgins has officially announced the wooden version of Battle of LITS in a Kickstarter update. You'll be able to pick up this version of the game with a $25 pledge! The game will include 8 double-sided board modules which can be assembled into the 4 boards from the print-and-play edition, or into a variety of other arrangements for players seeking extra replay value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A long overdue update: the Kickstarter finished its funding quite some time ago, but once Barry Figgins sets up the online store for Lyris Laser Studios, the wooden version of Battle of LITS will be made available. . . for $50 instead of $25. (He kinda decided he under-priced it initially.) I've since received and played with this version, and it is very satisfying to have wood clacking against wood. If you think it's worth $50, then consider buying it later.

A cheaper and more portable version by nestorgames is in the pipeline, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.