Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing through my GBoH collection chronologically, and now I have come to my first Chandragupta scenario. This means I've got a new rules set to read, though it is admittedly pretty close to other GBoH games that I am already familiar with.

One notable difference is the Dharmayuddha rules, which are optional. They sound like they might be quite interesting, but they're not exactly solo friendly. Most of the games of GBoH I play are solo games. I am endeavoring to keep at one going via VASSAL as close to at all times as possible, but while that game is underway, I solo the rest.

I guess that leaves a few related questions:

1) Is there a clever trick to alter them to work somewhat via solo play?

2) Assuming the answer to #1 is no, how much do they add to the gameplay in practice?

3) Are there some scenarios where they're more or less important? Then I can try to get opponents for the former and solo the latter...

EDIT: I've also asked the same question over at CSW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Having never actually played with them, my guess is that they are mostly Bergian chrome and don't do a ton. However, I could be 100% wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like I've got a reprieve in figuring out when to use them and how to deal with the hidden info portion. IN the first scenario, they are not optional *but* both sides are revealed as having pledged "yes" from the start.

They're back to being optional in the second battle, and are not used in the third. Though there is some other hidden info stuff in the third that might be a bit problematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
Having never actually played with them, my guess is that they are mostly Bergian chrome and don't do a ton. However, I could be 100% wrong.

I don't know as I haven't played yet. But restrictions on what each class can attack (and the corresponding adjustment of RP) seem a lot more influential than the flaming pigs rules (for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomàs Reixach Coll

Girona
Girona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:

Good answer: you can use it for many questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.