Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three questions about Alhambra expansions modules...answer whichever you would like:

1) Which expansion module(s) is your favorite? Why?
2) Are there certain modules that are better for certain number of players? Like: "This is a must for a 2P game." If so, which ones? Why?
3) What is the best combination of expansion modules? Why?

When speaking about a module, please mention which expansion it is from for those unfamiliar. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 6p we always play with "The Vizier's Favor" from the first expansion.
It helps to overcome the downtime, since all players should stay more alert to see if they can/want to play that extra turn.
I would say it is a must in a 6P game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Change (coins) and Diamonds are no brainers to me. I like what they add, and they are pretty effortless to implement.

I'm also a really big fan of the one that randomizes the building color values each round.

We also generally don't play without the encampments, thief, and Currency exchange. I find these are also relatively simple to implement, which we like.

The most complex one we like to add is the Treasure Chamber. It's not really complicated, but adds an extra scoring step. I like that it adds a new way to get points though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Change (coins) and Diamonds are no brainers to me. I like what they add, and they are pretty effortless to implement.

I'm also a really big fan of the one that randomizes the building color values each round.

We also generally don't play without the encampments, thief, and Currency exchange. I find these are also relatively simple to implement, which we like.

The most complex one we like to add is the Treasure Chamber. It's not really complicated, but adds an extra scoring step. I like that it adds a new way to get points though.

My thoughts, exactly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Alhambra fans there's a nice poll here on the Alhambra expansions.

It would be good to get more votes on it from those who have played the expansions. (Forty voters at the time of posting this).

I've certainly found this poll helpful as a newbie to Alhambra.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/549397/rate-alhambra-expansi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.