Jason Smith
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I introduced 4 guys to a game of Roll Through the Ages during a recent demo. After a quick 10 minute introduction to the game, I watched as the players began to roll the dice. In the beginning, it seemed like everyone had the dame idea. No one wanted to do anything other than build cities. I guess that is an appealing strategy for a first timer as the incentive of more dice is alluring. Eventually the strategies began to differ. One guy went the route of goods, trying to save up as much as possible to buy the most expensive developments. Another guy took a chance on sailing and trading goods. The other two guys had a very balanced approach of just taking what the dice gave them.

One highlight of the game was the guy with the goods strategy rolling 5 skulls to lose all of his goods. The guy with the sailing strategy had quite the misfortune during the game. At the end he had over 20 penalties to add to his score.

The game ended with several of the ending conditions being met on the last turn. 2 of the players bought the necessary developments to start the end game and one other guy built the last unbuilt monument. The player building the last monument won the game with his balanced strategy. He had quite a bit of luck with his workers and built 3 of the monuments first. For a game that is a quality filler, it took about an hour and a half. I encouraged all of them to rate the game on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.