Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha
Germany
Bayern
flag msg tools
Hello,

first Sorry for my bad English.
I am on the way to learn it.
I have a question about a text passage in Haunt 2.
The Text says for the Heroes: "Each time one of these rolls succeeds, put a Knowledge Roll or Sanity Roll token (depending on the trait used) in the room where the haunt was revealed." At this point everything was clear. "When the heroes have placed a number of those tokens equal to half the number of players (round down), they´ve summoned the Ghost"

By a three Players Game, means that the heroes have to collect 3 Knowledge Roll token and 3 Sanity Roll token? Or means that 3 Knowledge Roll token or 3 Sanity Roll token? Or means that 3 Tokens in Total regardless of which Roll.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the book in front of me, but from the quotes you posted, I'd say a total of 3 tokens regardless of type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sascha2609 wrote:
"When the heroes have placed a number of those tokens equal to half the number of players (round down), they´ve summoned the Ghost"

By a three Players Game, means that the heroes have to collect 3 Knowledge Roll token and 3 Sanity Roll token? Or means that 3 Knowledge Roll token or 3 Sanity Roll token? Or means that 3 Tokens in Total regardless of which Roll.

Thanks for your help.

From what you have written, they only have to place half the number of players (3/2=1.5, round down = 1) one token in order to summon the ghost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Bayern
flag msg tools
@l-hansen
You are right. Round down it is one token, but one token regardless of which trait or one token from both Traits?

Another example:
By a four Player Game the Heros need 2 Tokens.
2 Tokens regardless of which trait or 2 tokens from Knowledge Roll and 2 Tokens from Sanity Roll?

I'am a little bit confused about the text passage "....those tokens..."
In step one you can make a Knowledge Roll or a Sanity Roll, so for me it
can also be mean i have to make a successful Knowledge Roll and after that a successful Sanity Roll to summon the Ghost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the first edition, and in all the scenarios where you could succede in two different traits to fulfill an objective, it wass enough to get the required number of rolls, regerdless of trait.

So I would rule that with 3 players, one cuccessfull roll (and thus token) would be enough, be it Knowledge or Sanity.

With 4 (or 5) players, you would need 2 tokens, and they could be 2 Knowledge, or 2 Sanity, or 1 of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oops, I missed the "half". Yeah. One token of either type for 3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.