Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Graham
United States
Clackamas
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Cityscape you are trying to build the city to your own specifications. The problem is that your opponents are trying to build the city to their own set of specifications, which are different from yours. Players take turns placing blocks onto the city forming buildings of varying heights. The player that matches their specifications the closest wins. Click here for detailed rules.

Like all of the Out of the Box MasterPiece games, the components are highly crafted stained wood. The game is very easy to learn and only takes about 10 minutes to play. It's a perfect game to play while you're waiting for the rest of your gaming group to arrive.

You can play with up to 4 players, but I don't think this game works that well with more than 2. With 4 players, it just becomes a game of luck where you have very little control over what happens. You pretty much just hope that people don't screw up your plans too much. With 3 players, the player with no one across from them has a distinct advantage. The 2 player game works exactly the same as the 4 player game, but each player plays 2 sides. The reason I like this better is because it gives you a little more to think about. You have to play your piece so that it works for both of your sides. If you're not careful, you could do a move that helps one of the sides you are playing, but accidently screw up the other side you are playing. The two player game seems more mentally challenging and less chaotic.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give Cityscape a 6. Although it's not a bad game, it's not one I see myself playing more than a few times a year. I think casual gamers would enjoy this game more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.