Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Rankin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have seen that the dice are 8 sided, but I have been trying to evaluate cards without knowing what numbers of the various icons exist on both the attack and defense dice.

Does anyone know that can share?

All I can tell from the released images is that there are apparently 2 critical hit results on the attack dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benrankin wrote:
Does anyone know...

Yes

Quote:
...that can share?

Oops, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is bugging me because I know somebody, either here or on the FFG forums, posted their guesses to what would be on the dice [edit: and I am unable to find that post]. From the pictures we've seen, I'm convinced there are two focus icons on the attack dice because of the way the eyes are oriented.

You need to look at where the little dark circle is on the eye in relation to the die corners. When "right side up" the focus icon should have the little dark circle closest to the upper corner of it's triangular face.

The die on the far left and the one in the middle are the same. You can see that there is a blank to the left of that focus symbol (right in this picture because the focus symbol is upside down).

The die in the middle of the three on the left shows that there is a "hit" symbol to it's left. This convinces me that there are 2 focus symbols on each die.

Additionally, since focus results are used to determine ties, I believe defense and offense dice must have the same number of focus symbols.

Again using the orientation of the focus symbol, it appears there are two critical hits on the attack die. Beyond that, I can't be sure.

I'm inclined to believe that the break down will be
offense: 2 crits, 2 hits, 2 focus, and 2 blanks
defense: 4 evade, 2 focus, 2 blank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll find out on Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I'll find out on Thursday.

Lucky! [I assume that means you'll be at Gen Con.] I guess I'll find out when somebody posts it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rankin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:

Again using the orientation of the focus symbol, it appears there are two critical hits on the attack die. Beyond that, I can't be sure.

I'm inclined to believe that the break down will be
offense: 2 crits, 2 hits, 2 focus, and 2 blanks
defense: 4 evade, 2 focus, 2 blank

I was thinking the about the same thing, and I appreciate your well reasoned guesswork. I figured that the base success chances on both types of dice would be the same and 50/50 seems very reasonable. I was having a hard time counting the evades on the defense dice.

Looking forward to the demo and tournament reports from GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
You need to look at where the little dark circle is on the eye in relation to the die corners. When "right side up" the focus icon should have the little dark circle closest to the upper corner of it's triangular face.

It is quite possible those are just mocked-up dice and not final production dice.... Just sayin'..... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Budgernaut wrote:

It is quite possible those are just mocked-up dice and not final production dice.... Just sayin'..... ninja

Those probably aren't dice at all, just CGI, and the graphics guy used what images were handy and looked good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Those probably aren't dice at all, just CGI

There is no spoon...

Odd Matrix reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those looking for the answers, pics of the dice have been posted

The attack dice have: 1 x crit, 3 x hit, 2 x focus, 2 x blank

The defence dice have: 3 x evade, 2 x focus, 3 x blank

The advantage definitely goes to the attacker...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david boyett
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
TnT! wrote:

The advantage definitely goes to the attacker...

Which is why using the Evade and focus actions is a very good idea if you've got the opportunity.

-DavicusPrime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.