Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Does anyone have an idea how to get clarification on rules from Queen. I am confused about treasure chests and how many can go on a tile. Read a thread about it it but the way the rules read it seems different from what the answer was Getting into some heated discussions about it with some of my gaming group. I see that one person addressed this but for my gaming group I would need a consensus of more than one opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flynn
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules seem very clear to me. I have the "Big Box" edition, so perhaps they are written more clearly?

From the Big Box Rules, page 20:

"The treasure chests must be distributed between buildings of the corresponding color during the turn in which they are bought. Only 1 chest can be put in a building at any one time. A chest can also be put in buildings which were bought during this turn; chests cannot, however, be put in buildings which are on the player's reserve board.

If not all chests can be distributed among a player's own buildings, the rest of the chests are given to the player to the left who now has the opportunity to distribute these chests among his own buildings. If chests are still left over, they are passed to the next player. Chests which cannot be placed by any player are returned to the bag."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkar wrote:
The Rules seem very clear to me. I have the "Big Box" edition, so perhaps they are written more clearly?

Only 1 chest can be put in a building at any one time. "
I know what it says but exactly what does it mean. That sounds like if you get say 2 green and 2 blue treasure chests and you have 2 each color of those tiles you can only put 1 on each tile. The controversy is, when you purchase another 2 green and 2 blue treasure chests can you put them on the previous tiles or is there only 1 allowed on a tile period? My group feels that you can put more than 1 chest per tile as long as it was not done on the same turn. That is how it looks to me also, but I don't think that was the rules intention. Makes more sense to only allow 1 per tile. Is that how you see it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
There can only be one chest per tile. It would otherwise be way too easy to buy treasure chests and there wouldn't really be any strategy associated with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flynn
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only 1 chest per tile. So, if you had a 2nd chest in there, you would break the rule of "at any one time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael M
Puerto Rico
del Noreste
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkar wrote:
The Rules seem very clear to me.

"The treasure chests must be distributed between buildings of the corresponding color during the turn in which they are bought. Only 1 chest can be put in a building at any one time.

No use in denying other people's subjectively perceived ambiguity. It can be clearer. When redacting for the masses, one always rules in favor of whomever though it was ambiguous and goes back to the job.
I can also see it strictly reading that you can't put in one instance/turn more than one chest of the same color in a building. It's doesn't exactly cover later opportunities.

If 1 chest/1 building is the intention, and it probably was, a better redaction is: Only 1 chest can be in a building at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.