Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike iapezzuto
United States
surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how do you keep track of the towns a goods token was put on?Can you put a goods token on a town that someone just scored from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep track by putting the token on the town and each town may never have more than one, so no further record keeping is necessary.

If you score by moving a good from a town, the good is removed back to the supply and the town that it came from is immediately available to have another good placed on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand quite where you're coming from, but:

1 One Two goods tokens are placed every time a canal-building card with a goods icon is drawn from the display. If you draw a card from the top of the deck, you can choose whether or not to reveal it if it has a goods icon.

2 If the city in that colour is connected to a canal, you MUST place the goods token on that city. If that city already has a goods token, or there is no connected city, you MUST place the goods token on a town of that colour that is connected to a canal. If all connected towns have goods tokens, or there are no connected towns, you MUST place it on the (unconnected) city of that colour. Lastly, if none of those options are available, you place it on any unconnected town. Remember each town/city can only have one goods token.

3 At the end of each player's turn, in the Goods Shipping phase, they can ship one good only. The good can be shipped as far as desired, providing that it doesn't visit the same colour twice, and that the final leg of the journey is on that player's own colour. Each player scores one point for each town/city connected to their canals on that route. The goods token is then removed from play and placed back in the canal basin.

Therefore, there is no need to keep track of the towns a token was placed on - either a town has a token, in which case another one cannot be placed there, or it doesn't.

With regards to the second question - it depends what you mean by 'score from', but the answer is yes as long as you follow the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
I'm not sure I understand quite where you're coming from, but:

1 One goods token is placed every time a canal-building card with a goods icon is drawn from the display. If you draw a card from the top of the deck, you can choose whether or not to reveal it if it has a goods icon.

Note that TWO goods tokens are placed when a card with a goods icon is drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
My, yes. I keep forgetting that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike iapezzuto
United States
surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.