Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, how do you (whoever reads this thread) decide where to place the stacks with more goods?

I usually put those stacks at the beginning. The rules don't say one way or another, so I wondered what everyone else did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how do you (whoever reads this thread) decide where to place the stacks with more goods?

I usually put those stacks at the beginning. The rules don't say one way or another, so I wondered what everyone else did.

My rules are very explicit on this. The piles are numbered 1 to 5 and fully explained:

"The order of the piles is important during the game and is indicated by the arrows between them; in other words, the lower-left pile is first and the upper-right pile is last."

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

My rules are very explicit on this. The piles are numbered 1 to 5 and fully explained:

"The order of the piles is important during the game and is indicated by the arrows between them; in other words, the lower-left pile is first and the upper-right pile is last."

You're misunderstanding my question due to poor writing. I blame....the aliens. I probably should have included an example.

In a two player game there are something like 52 goods tokens used. That means that 3 stacks will have 10 tokens and 2 will have 11. Do you put the stacks of 11 so they are used up first or last?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

You're misunderstanding my question due to poor writing. I blame....the aliens. I probably should have included an example.

In a two player game there are something like 52 goods tokens used. That means that 3 stacks will have 10 tokens and 2 will have 11. Do you put the stacks of 11 so they are used up first or last?

Now it's my turn to possibly misunderstand you, Kevin!
The rules say (if you are, in fact, talking about the goods that are in the five Supply Spaces):

"Place the remaining Goods Markers, in five approximately equal piles, onto the five supply Spaces located in the lower right-hand corner of the Game Board."

I believe the key word here is "approximately": in other words, a precise count ain't necessary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha.

By habit, I put any larger piles first. No real reason to do so, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, I again blame the aliens as there was yet another miscommunication.

Steve, that's what I was after. I'm of the same thinking - no reason to place the larger stacks first or last. Wasn't sure if someone had a game reason to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
Andrew, I again blame the aliens as there was yet another miscommunication.

Steve, that's what I was after. I'm of the same thinking - no reason to place the larger stacks first or last. Wasn't sure if someone had a game reason to do so.

Miscommunication is right! I thought what I said (with my quote from the rules) was exactly what you just said!surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I place the larger stacks later in the chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I place the larger stacks later in the chain.

Any particular reason why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

I suppose if you place them in the later stacks, you shorten the game by at least one tile. I never considered that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if the placement of the larger stacks could influence the length of the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
I was wondering if the placement of the larger stacks could influence the length of the game...

Very marginally, I suppose. Mind you, I have no idea if I have the larger stacks at the end of the line or not: I just have each stack "looking" roughly equal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually count them out, so I know which ones are the larger stacks.

In the end, placement is personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.