Subject: Card set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy of this game cheap because the analyzer was "broken". After reassembling the analyzer and stacking up the cards that had been strewn in the box, the game looks to be in pretty good shape. The only problem is, I don't know whether all the cards are in there or not. Even a count of the cards of the different types would help me determine whether my copy is complete or not. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walker
United States
Culver City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second that . . . I have just bought a copy at a thrift store, and everything looks complete, but the stock cards are not sequential, and are not identical. Is this correct, or am I missing cards?

Jeff, if you want to email me your inventory, then I'll email mine, and at least we can compare to see if our sets don't match.

A real inventory from someone who knows they have a complete game would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
Okay, if this helps, I have:

24 Power Play cards
36 Profit cards
10 Americas cards
10 Afro-Europa cards
10 Eurasia cards

Do you need me to list all the company names on the cards, or do you guys have them all?

EDIT: I should add, I don't know if I have them all either. Mine was also a thrift store find, but I have been assuming it's complete. It's in pretty good condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps, Drew. Thanks. I have the same card count as you do. While that doesn't provide conclusive proof that either set is complete, I would be surprised if we both had the same degree of incompleteness. If anyone has conclusive numbers, feel free to chime in, but for now I'm convinced my set is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Blizzard
Canada
Salt Spring Island
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have the same card count. Once again my copy was not new but if all three of us have the same card count, pretty positive proof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wheeland
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
A video podcast about fun and games with friends! - www.gamebreakpodcast.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh, I have only 21 Power Play cards... Which ones am I missing? Here's the ones that I have:

5 Security
4 Analyze any investment
4 Power Play
3 Espionage
3 Disaster
2 Proxy Fight

Aside from a broken analyzer axle, I seem to have the rest of the parts.

I'm thinking about rebuilding the analyzer with a small dowel or a small piece of metal... any suggestions? I think that super glue won't make it strong enough.

Thanks for any help.
-Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wheeland
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
A video podcast about fun and games with friends! - www.gamebreakpodcast.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I found a second copy of this game. Interestingly, it included a metal axle, so that's great (repairs my problem with the first copy)... And it also had 24 Power Play cards like the people stated above, but when I sorted them out, I noticed that there must be two different versions of the game. The text on the "Disaster" cards is different:

In the 21 card copy, it has "Disaster: On your turn, place this card face-up on one opponent's investment. The investment must then be returned to the deck."

In the 24 card copy, it has "Disaster: Play on any opponents investment on your turn. Investment is returned to board."

Also, the backs are a little different from each other in color, so I'm not sure if I can really mix them together effectively or not.

Hmm... which version of the text do you guys have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

Here are the Power Play cards I have:
(24 cards)
- (7) Security
- (4) Analyze any investment
- (4) Power Play
- (4) Disaster
- (3) Espionage
- (2) Proxy Fight

My Disaster cards read like the second version above:
"Play on any opponents investment on your turn. Investment is returned to board."

The version I have is the one with the orange/pink/purple backs on the investment cards, the gold & black dollar sign on the Profit cards, and the game board with the gold background.

I have a similar question about the Profit cards:
There should be 36, it seems, and I have 34, in the following configuration. What's missing?

(34 cards)
- (6) 1 million
- (9) 2 million
- (7) 3 million
- (5) 5 million
- (4) 10 million
- (3) 15 million

If anyone can tell me which Profit cards I'm missing, I can post a complete list of all the cards which should be in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.