Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup for Paliputra has 3 Nayaka leaders for the Nanda army:

- One with the cavalry on the left flank
- One with the left CH/LI wing
- One with the right CHI/LI wing

In Chandramas' section of the Nanda Command special rules it says (emphasis added by me):

Chandragupta Scenario book page 10 wrote:

Chandramas is the Wing Commander for the two Nayaka present. Chandramas must always...

Which leads to a bit of a problem as there are three present. I see a few possibilities:

1) He is the WC for the two CH/LI Nayaka, but not the Left Flank cavalry one. This would leave the cavalry Nayaka without a WC, much like the elephant ones for the opposing Mauryans.

2) He is the WC for all three, even though the cavalry one is fairly far removed from Chandramas

3) One of the Nayakas (probably the cavalry one) should be a different leader, bringing the total down to two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Brackeniers
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
In my opinion, your first possibility is right. But as the Cav-Nayaka's initiative is higher (or as high - I don't have the playbook with me) as the number of cav units under his command, he does not need to give line-commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xtov wrote:
In my opinion, your first possibility is right. But as the Cav-Nayaka's initiative is higher (or as high - I don't have the playbook with me) as the number of cav units under his command, he does not need to give line-commands.

He has more than enough initiative (init 3 and only 2 units) so line commands aren't really an issue.

The only real effect I can think of would be the ability to coordinate with the other Nayaka in a single Wing Command activation depending on Chandramas' position.

Note: This is not possible turn one, and is not terribly likely likely in any case. EDIT: At least an all three Nayaka WC isn't terribly likley. It's not too hard to envision a LF Cav + Left CH/INF combined WC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.