Popular Tags: [View All]
Atte Tamminen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Morganza stated in the other thread, that:

Quote:
You can always run the Ghan, as long as you have a route to Alice Springs.

But in a recent game, I happened to think, doesn't the same rule about having different tracks when running more trains apply to the Ghan?

If the Ghan needs different tracks to run to Alice springs, I think its value to certain companies drops. In the game I had to work hard to get my Ghan to the Alice springs through another route, since my other train was using the most natural track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Rosgen
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I think the intent of the quoted statement is that you can always run a Ghan even when you do not have another train. Specifically, if you have two companies with Ghans and only one regular train, they can both run Ghans, paying out and moving up the stock chart, while swapping the other train between them to satisfy the train ownership requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atte Tamminen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know the context of the quote, but this rules question struck when I noticed this rule-dilemma. I had played 1848 with other groups, who didn't care about ghan running different tracks, so I wondered has anyone ever considered this before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.