Subject: Does the Ghan need separate track when running? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Rosgen
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I think the intent of the quoted statement is that you can always run a Ghan even when you do not have another train. Specifically, if you have two companies with Ghans and only one regular train, they can both run Ghans, paying out and moving up the stock chart, while swapping the other train between them to satisfy the train ownership requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this last night and tripped up on the same question. We played that the 2E had to have a distinct route just like any other train. Lacking any specific written rule to the contrary we couldn't see why it wouldn't need its own route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asdnart wrote:
I think the intent of the quoted statement is that you can always run a Ghan even when you do not have another train. Specifically, if you have two companies with Ghans and only one regular train, they can both run Ghans, paying out and moving up the stock chart, while swapping the other train between them to satisfy the train ownership requirement.

Yes, this was precisely my intent, and precisely the maneuver I have used in the past.

If a company is actually running a Ghan and another train then they do need separate track, just like any other pair of trains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.