Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
uk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of posts seem to state that the 2x card doubles the size of the collection. In the Zoch game rules I have it clearly states that "...it doubles the value of the collection during all the upcoming scorings". This can only be interpreted one way, in that the score for that collection is doubled. Were the rules changed for the Rio Grande version that came out a little later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
The database entry for Gloria Picktoria also contains the earlier games Get the Goods and Reibach & Co. I think the rule changed between those games and Gloria Picktoria, as well as the fox being added and maybe some other things. I have the Rio Grande Gloria Picktoria and the rule is the same as yours. (not sure about this now, I'll check).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What edition/publisher and language of Zoch rules are you referring to?

In my Rio Grande Games edition, it says: "...it doubles the size of this collection during all the upcoming scorings."

The rules say on the last page at the bottom:

(C) 2007 Published by Zoch Verlag, Authors: Alan R. Moon and Mick Ado
English translation by Sybille Aminzadah and Bruce Whitehill, "Word for Wort"
Translation edited by Jay Tummelson.

Perhaps the edit by Jay Tummelson changed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
uk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules are from the original Zoch edition (see http://www.zoch-verlag.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Spielregeln... ) and don't have the added line "Translation edited by Jay Tummelson."
Clearly Jay thought the rules needed changing. Having played it both ways I prefer the original rule. Linking the 2x to the scoring gives you the dilemma of when to play it. You want to play it early to secure the 2x in all 3 scorings, yet if you play it too early someone will get a bigger collection and render the 2x to be worth just one point. Playing the "jay way" is a little less subtle and just gives you the opportunity to randomly destroy another players' collection majority. But since everyone has that same opportunity it seems a little redundant.
I recommend a trial of the original rules, it makes for a very interesting dynamic to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.