Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand the text on this card. When it's scored, you put an agenda counter on it. What is that?

Also, what does "Hosted Agenda Token: End The Run" mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you score it, after you move it to the score area, put an Agenda Token on it (the non-red side of the virus counters works fine). After that, you may, at any time, spend one hosted (which means sitting on the card) Agenda Token (remove it from the card) to end a run currently being made on one of your servers.

It's a wonderful Agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought, thanks.

I am not sure how I would have been able to parse that based on the text without some guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a part of the rulebook that explains what the "X:Y" construction means, as well as what hosted counters and cards are. I don't have the rulebook handy for exact page references, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22, "Hosting". It doesn't mention timing issues. But as there is no 'click' icon on the effect, the Nisei MK II hosted counter can be played at any time.

And yeah, it's a game-changer for Jinteki. I wish it was in NBN, who desperately need in-faction ways to end runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an absolute novice at the game, this seems way overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be devastating if used at the right time... but you only get one token so you can only use the ability once, hardly overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:

I don't believe it is overpowered, but I do believe it is the best agenda ability in the core set by a decent margin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Ødegård
Norway
Høvik
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:

It can snowball pretty terribly. Score Nisei, start advancing next Nisei, break the run if Runner gets close, repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mbmbmbmbmb
The drawback of that though is being the only faction in the game without a 3x to advance agenda. At least currently for Jinteki all of their agendas need 4+ counters to pass.

Not a huge drawback for an uncounterable "go home" (sometime multiples) but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:

Being that the runner has 4 actions, can run 4 times on a turn, and that this counter / card is public knowledge, I definitely don't think the card is over powered.

Good? Yes. Overpowered? No.

JR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It can also be used as a nice bluff.

I had a fairly strong server and the Runner could get in twice.

I used the Nisei Mk II token on the first run. Absolutely convinced that it was the game winning Agenda, the Runner then used their 4th action to power into the server a second time, straight into a Junebug with 2 advancement tokens on it.

Two EMPs later and they were flatlined.

The other 3 cards in my woefully unprotected HQ were Agenda - and that's where the Runner should have been digging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
It can also be used as a nice bluff.

I had a fairly strong server and the Runner could get in twice.

I used the Nisei Mk II token on the first run. Absolutely convinced that it was the game winning Agenda, the Runner then used their 4th action to power into the server a second time, straight into a Junebug with 2 advancement tokens on it.

Two EMPs later and they were flatlined.

Nice move. The opposite is also possible. Agenda in the server. Runner runs it. After they pass the last ice in the server, you reach your hand for the counter on Nisei, but then you look at the Agenda and forego using Nisei's ability. It's a potentially risky move, but you could get the runner to jack out before accessing the card with the added bonus that they don't want to run that server again.

Edit: Need to us the Preview button more. By potentially risky, I mean really risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:

Nice move. The opposite is also possible. Agenda in the server. Runner runs it. After they pass the last ice in the server, you reach your hand for the counter on Nisei, but then you look at the Agenda and forego using Nisei's ability. It's a potentially risky move, but you could get the runner to jack out before accessing the card with the added bonus that they don't want to run that server again.

Edit: Need to us the Preview button more. By potentially risky, I mean really risky.

Man, that seems like a low percentage play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:
malhaku wrote:

Man, that seems like a low percentage play!

It all depends. You're already playing Jinteki so the runner knows you have the traps and Junebug is pretty darn scary. That's one.

For two, I've only played Jinteki in one game so far, but after I scored Nisei I had two remote servers.. one with 2 ice and one with 4. After a turn in which I advanced the card in the 4 card remote server twice, the runner said, "Well, you're just going to use your ability and stop me, but I have to run there cause I know you won't waste it on the other server." He ran it, spent lots of cash, and I kicked him out with the ability just before he accessed the card in the server.

Had I reached for the counter and then not used it, I can guarantee 100% that he would have run for the hills just based on his disposition going into the run. (He also only had 3 cards in hand and there was 2 advancements on the card. He also used an infiltration earlier on a Junebug and let out an expletive when he read the card for the first time.)

A lot has to line up, but if it works, you can let the card just sit there and work on other things if you need to. Finish advancing the agenda when you feel like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played against a fully tooled 2x core set Jinteki last evening I can tell you I was glad to have included Infiltration in my deck.

Lost the first game to a Nisei feint. I was sure I was running on my winning agenda. He ends the run, so I'm thinking 'that's it, game's over next turn.' This turned out to be true, but it was because that one turn delay gave him enough time to make the junebug that was actually on the server lethal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can the token be spent basically any time during the run? E.g., right before any access, etc. What is the most common time to play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use it any time paid abilities can be triggered. A very common time to use it is after the runner has broken through all the ice on a server and decided for the last time not to jack out but to access cards. This way they've spent the credits/suffered all the effects of running the entire server only to come up with nothing to show for it.

Late in the game this can be very potent on a server with a large number of ice, and can allow the corp to score a slower agenda. Often large servers are so expensive to run the runner doesn't have the credits to run them more than once a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's super fun to play it right before the runner accesses a trap that has an advancement token on it. Next turn, advance it some more. The runner will be convinced that it's a valuable agenda, run it some more, and BOOM.

(Of course, if the Runner's aware of this strategy, they might not...but that's classic Netrunner doublethink.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
manydills wrote:
It's super fun to play it right before the runner accesses a trap that has an advancement token on it. Next turn, advance it some more. The runner will be convinced that it's a valuable agenda, run it some more, and BOOM.

(Of course, if the Runner's aware of this strategy, they might not...but that's classic Netrunner doublethink.)
And is what makes the game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 4.1 is the last legal time to use the Nisei Mk II token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny p
msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
Phase 4.1 is the last legal time to use the Nisei Mk II token.

actually, according to the most recent timing structure detailed in the FAQ, you can also use the token at 4.3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
Its pretty weak to be honest

and its definitely needed in a Jinteki deck since their ice is terrible at actually stopping the run

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talamare wrote:
Its pretty weak to be honest

and its definitely needed in a Jinteki deck since their ice is terrible at actually stopping the run

And by pretty weak I'm sure you mean "possessing one of the more powerful abilities in the entire game?" It is definitely one of the strongest agendas, ranking right up there with AstroScript and Posted Bounty in game winning potential.

While I exaggerate a bit in saying that it might as well read "Score your next Agenda" the raw power it possesses is pretty similar. There really isn't another card that can force the Runner to invest in a run and, regardless of anything he does or has, boot him out after completing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contigo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
There is a part of the rulebook that explains what the "X:Y" construction means

This part confused me too. I eventually got it after realizing it was just a "spend X to get Y" construction, where you get one X when you score it.

Realize the ability is strong (for example, using the ability right after the runner passes all your ice), but it's difficult to score an agenda like that. So it's a big risk big reward type of agenda. It's also one-time use for now (unlike Private Security Force for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.