$10.00
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Come out to the Kansas City Public Library Plaza Branch on Wednesday, September 19th, from 3pm to 8pm and meet other Kansas City board gamers. The event will be held in the Large Meeting room. Admission is free. Given the expensive and fragile nature of board games and their components, we ask that no snacks be brought into the room. Please bring drinks in containers with lids (no open tops).

There will be 6 narrow tables in the room, and we can request more day-of depending on availability. Games requiring more board and table space (most games) will require two of these tables, so capacity is limited. The goal is to have games starting hourly to give players the opportunity to arrive at their leisure and provide seats for new players every hour. If you wish to bring a game, please bring a game that supports 4-6 people that you can teach and play in an hour or less. If you've got a big-box game that you've been itching to play but can't find the time or players, bring it too, and bust it out if we end up with extra table space!

If you are bringing games you can show up as early as 2pm to set them up or drop them off. The room is reserved until 8pm but we will be allowed 1 hour of "clean up" time until the library closes at 9pm.

I will be bringing the following games:

Carcassonne (2-6 players, 1 hour play time)
Settlers of Catan (2-4 players, 1 hour play time)
Ticket to Ride (2-5 players, 1 hour play time)
Panic Station (3-6 players, 1 hour play time)
Space Alert (3-5 players, 30 minutes per mission play time)
The Resistance (5-10 players, 15 minutes per round play time)

Other games I can bring include Agricola, Glen More, Battlestar Galactica, Hero Quest and more.

Please use this thread to discuss which games you would like to play and or bring. If the turnout makes this worthwhile, we can plan next October's KCBGA night. If you have a meetup account, the event is posted at:

http://www.meetup.com/Kansas-City-Boardgames/events/81034362...

Hope to see everyone in 2 weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My attendance will depend on work that week, but hopefully I can make it. I work and live by the plaza, so I really appreciate the location!

Shorter, reasonably easy-to-learn games I could bring include:

Leaping Lemmings
Artus
Modern Art
Louis XIV

My collection is up-to-date if anybody wants to request I bring something specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been telling people to bring one game that is easy to teach/learn and quick to play (1 hour or less), and one game that is... not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Piehler
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to make it, unless I get a call back on a job application (doubtful ).

Of the games I own, King of Tokyo is probably the most appropriate for the occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Overland Park. Not sure I can make it on 9/19, but just wanted to say, big round of applause for instituting the "no snacks and drinks must have lids" rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PeanutButter Jelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Might show up. I know TI3 is to long but I will bring Rex and centurion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds great! We need to get a TI3 game in soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Piehler
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope there was a good turnout. I find myself in Nebraska as moral support for my sister while she applies to dental school up here. Keep us posted on further meetings!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
all-in-all, 11 people ended showing up. Played some fun games with great people. Keep an eye on the Midwest forum and www.meetup.com/Kansas-City-Boardgames/ ... I am trying to put together a Zombie game/movie night for October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.