Subject: Slightly Confused About Swapping Treasures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so you can swap treasures! Yay! I think I have to be doing something wrong, but if you can only swipe a treasure you have one item of for another treasure they only have one item of, is there a big advantage in swapping?

I mean, is the only benefit taking one from them that would give you three and sticking them with another treasure that benefits them in no way? It seems like three actions in a lot to burn on what could be a minor return.

Also, I have notice in playing the iPad version that staying aggressive in hunting for treasure is the way to go. Points add up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's the benefit and it's a good one. I wouldn't say swapping treasures is a power action, but you are trying to collect sets and taking one from an opponent which helps you build a larger set, well, that's victory points we're talking about here.

It is not done super often except at or near a scoring round as 3 action points might be a little too expensive for that action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyP wrote:
Okay, so you can swap treasures! Yay! I think I have to be doing something wrong, but if you can only swipe a treasure you have one item of for another treasure they only have one item of, is there a big advantage in swapping?

I mean, is the only benefit taking one from them that would give you three and sticking them with another treasure that benefits them in no way? It seems like three actions in a lot to burn on what could be a minor return.

Also, I have notice in playing the iPad version that staying aggressive in hunting for treasure is the way to go. Points add up!

You do not need to trade a single for a single. Once a player obtains 2 of a cetain treasure he can no longer trade that treasure away. By the same token, no one can steal that treasure either. You can trade a treasure you have only one of with someone who has another of your treasures to give you two or three pieces.

The trick is to trade your single pieces away to get a second or third of a kind and stick your opponent with junk. Once you have a second no one can steal the treasure away and your VPs are safe. In addition, your amount of VPs increases from 1 to 3 to 6 as you gain more of the same kind of treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It takes 3 action points to get a net gain of +1 or +2 points per scoring round that cannot be stolen from you.

Digging a temple level takes 2 action points for a gain of +1 points, but you will likely spend more than that defending it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.