Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I saw answers to these questions somewhere already but can't find them.
2 questions.

Ares card says attack "as though" you have an additional Greek.
Question 1: Is this additional Greek virtual? Or do you actually get to place an additional Greek into play and keep him on the board after winning the battle?

Ares card says swap ships with Greeks prior to battle.
Question 2: What if the player has no more Greeks in reserve to swap the ships with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mb
manko wrote:
Ares card says attack "as though" you have an additional Greek.
Question 1: Is this additional Greek virtual?

Of course!
Quote:
Or do you actually get to place an additional Greek into play and keep him on the board after winning the battle?

Surely if they meant that, they'd have said simply "place an additional Greek" instead of "as though"!

Of the top of my head, I'm not so sure about your Question 2, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Virtual.

2. The supply is the limit. With no Greeks in supply, you cannot swap Greeks in for ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 2:

Reason I thought you might be able to swap ships with Greeks already on the board if you had none in supply was because of rule covering similar situation with voyages.
Somewhere I read that if you successfully voyage but don't have a Greek in supply to put down that you could move a Greek from the board to the new land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manko wrote:
Question 2:

Reason I thought you might be able to swap ships with Greeks already on the board if you had none in supply was because of rule covering similar situation with voyages.
Somewhere I read that if you successfully voyage but don't have a Greek in supply to put down that you could move a Greek from the board to the new land.

That somewhere may have been the rules (p7, Rio Grand).

But the rules also have supply-as-limit for the reinforcement action.

And since there's no explicit indication of either rule being applied here, it seems that the limit is more "innate" (Any game with a "supply" that isn't actually a limit needs words to that effect in the rules, IMO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.