Popular Tags: [View All]
nik holliday
United Kingdom
Glasgow
lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi meeples,
Just picked this game up from Ebay for a bargain price; don`t know how I missed it first time round. Haven`t played it yet, but as rules lawyer and owner of all games great and small, it`s my job to to study and digest the rules for explanation to the poor hapless individuals who I`ve managed to coerce into playing said games.
Not normally a problem but I have a question regarding scoring the pyramids as shown in the rulebook, page 10.
Put simply, is it the case that a the base score is 1 (or 2) points per pyramid and the 3 points for sets are added as bonuses, so that red would have a total score of 14 in paragraph 2?
Ditto the scoring in paragraph 3, so blue would score 16 and white 8?
I`ve been doing this for 40 years (not amon-re of course) and age is creeping up on me. Be kind to an elderly and somewhat confused gamer who needs help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rulebook to hand to check your example. But it is one point per pyramid plus three points per set. So 3,2,2 pyramids scores 13.

The thing that's easy to miss is that the 5 points for most pyramids is scored twice, once per side of the Nile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I point per pyramid, plus the bonuses for sets (3 per) and for being top person either side of the Nile (5 points).

The other rule it's easy to miss (at least, we did, for years!) is that you can only play one of each bonus card at any one time - including bonus scoring cards.

Excellent game - one of my very favourites!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nikh158 wrote:
Hi meeples,
Just picked this game up from Ebay for a bargain price; don`t know how I missed it first time round. Haven`t played it yet, but as rules lawyer and owner of all games great and small, it`s my job to to study and digest the rules for explanation to the poor hapless individuals who I`ve managed to coerce into playing said games.
Not normally a problem but I have a question regarding scoring the pyramids as shown in the rulebook, page 10.
Put simply, is it the case that a the base score is 1 (or 2) points per pyramid and the 3 points for sets are added as bonuses, so that red would have a total score of 14 in paragraph 2?
Ditto the scoring in paragraph 3, so blue would score 16 and white 8?
I`ve been doing this for 40 years (not amon-re of course) and age is creeping up on me. Be kind to an elderly and somewhat confused gamer who needs help

Yes, you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.